Urgent Help!

Decorating By elizw Updated 22 May 2009 , 3:35pm by Bluehue

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 10

Need advice!

working on buttercream covered wedding cake with a gazillion gold and silver dragees for decorating. looking good but when i pulled a tier out of the fridge today to work on, dragees started to sweat as they came to room temp.

question...after they come to room temp will the sweat just evaporate and leave the dragee in good condition or am i about to have a serious problem on my hands????

any experience and help would be greatly appreciated!!!

9 replies
jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 10

:::bump:::

DancingCakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DancingCakes2008 Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 10

I say "Don't touch and let dry." Everything should be fine

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 10

Not sure, but I would make sure not to touch them at all until they are completely dry. I'm pretty sure that if you touch them while they are wet, the silver & gold color will come right off. Good luck & I hope someone else has a better answer for you......

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 10

Why was the cake in the refrigerator in the first place? Perishable filling?

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 10

Leahs that was my first thought too....if no perishable filling room temp is fine.

elizw Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 10

filling is fruit so i wanted to keep in fridge. i will need to stack this cake on site and i like to stack when chilled. also, the cake will have time to come to room temp before eating tomorrow night after delivery.

i really hope the dragees will be okay!!!

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 22 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #8 of 10

I don't have any brilliant help on this but I'm curious as to the answer - so here's a bump for you - hope someone comes through with an answer!!

elizw Posted 22 May 2009 , 2:47pm
post #9 of 10

anybody else?

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:35pm
post #10 of 10

As DancingCakes2008 & AZCakeGirl both wrote - don't touch them until they are completly dry - otherwise the silver and gold will come of and leave them a dull greyish colour - sorry this happened to you after all your hard work - if you have to touch one - make it one right down the bottom so as not to leave drag marks in your BC
Wishing you luck so as you don't have to pick off and replace every single one icon_sad.gif

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%