I Think I'm Gonna Rejoin Weight Watchers

Lounge By ccr03 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm by janebrophy

ccr03 Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 22

So, I think I may join Weight Watchers again.

I got on the scale again today and it was higher than what I had hoped. My sister made a good point yesterday that I didn't gain all this weight overnight, so I shouldn't be all surprised and stuff.

I did the program once and essentially have the tools, but it really is different actually going to the meetings, having to be accountable each week than just doing it on my own. It really worked for me. And I know it more money, but I also know that I end up spending the same amount of money throughout one one month on dumb stuff.

Just some thoughts.....

21 replies
cakes22 Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 22

You join, I'll join too. I lost 30 lbs over a 6-7 month period starting in Oct'07, but I have gained back 10. I still would like to lose another 10-15.
I bought the program off Ebay cause I can't afford to go every week to the meetings, but if I can do with some one else (last time it was my SIL) I prefer that way......... thumbs_up.gif

ccr03 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 22

I joined! I'm going to the first meeting tonight after work. I'm excited. I even got an email for 50% off the first monthly pass!

I've also let my sisters, mom and brother know. They're a good support system (my mom is AWESOME), so I'll be accountable to them as well.

I am very excited. I know I am an emotional eater and every since a certain situation with one of my sisters started in Oct. I've definitely packed them on.

So for many reasons, I'm excited. It'll get me back on track, get mind off of my sister's situation - I'm excited and ready!

Let's do it!

mcalhoun Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 22

I started back last week and today is my first weigh in since I got back OP. We should all stick together and support one another. However it looks like I have much more to lose than you girls do. I need to lose about 50 lbs or so.

ccr03 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:39am
post #5 of 22

mcalhoun - we are in the same boat! My goal weight is 135 - I weighed in today at 191. When I originally did WW I was like at 199. I was at 170-175 like all last year. But the stress of my sister's situation caused me to eat. I know realize it wasn't the stress alone. I got/get depressed when I think all the whole thing and eat to feel comforted.

I kinda got depressed when I saw my starting weight, but in a weigh I'm happy. I got down to 160 and I will do it again. I can't let my sister's negativity affect me any longer.

I need something positive. I need a goal.

But enough of me! How did your weigh-in go mcalhoun? What about you cakes22?

cakes22 Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:54am
post #6 of 22

Right now, I am at 175. My lowest and the weight that I maintained for a year after doing the program was 163. I would be happy to get there again, but I'm striving for 155-160.
I eat when I'm bored!!! And of course doing the "quality control" of my cakes hasn't helped. I need to get back to the portion control way of thinking.

Are you guys doing the points or core plan? Does anyone know anything about the new momentum plan???

Good luck to everyone. With some support we will get there! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

ccr03 Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:58pm
post #7 of 22

Well, last night was the first meeting. The momentum program is pretty much the points system, BUT with a couple of other elements.

1. One the tracker you also track your hunger. How hungry are you at different time of the day?

2. in addition to tracker fruits & vegetable (5 servings a day), milk (2 servings), you also track lean protien (1-2 servings a day). A multivitamin is also recommended.

3. Oh, and a big change - how you figure up your daily points. It's a formula - the first two digits of your weight (19 - me), how active you are (0 - office job/me), depending on age (3 - me) and there was one more thing, but I forget right now, but I get a total of 24 points. Then they adjust if you change something - i.e. when you lose weight your points go down.

4. The new program also teaches you how to pick better foods. Pointing out which foods will 'fill you up' and/or are healthier for you. For example, an egg white omelet w/mushrooms and fat-free cheese is the same number of points as 2 slices of toast, but which is going to fill you up/keep you satisfied?

michellenj Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:50am
post #8 of 22

I've been doing We Wa for a few years now, the online program. Every time I deviate from the plan and think that I can do it on my own, my weight creeps back up. When they went to the momentum prog. they reduced my daily points to 18!!! I CANNOT live on 18/day, so I have to exercise.

If you follow the plan, it totally works.

cakes22 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:21pm
post #9 of 22

So I weighed myself this morning and I am down by 4 lbs. Not a lot but that made me happy.
I have a cake tasting tonight, but after that I am going out for a walk or heading to the elliptical for a bit. I got exercise more.

Question for you guys: how important is the #??? I mean if you lose inches and go down a size, are you still consumed by the number shown on the scale? I used to work out all the time and my highest weight was 195lbs (I'm 5'8, so still considered overweight). I worked out everyday, but saw no change in the scale, maybe 1-2 pounds, depending on water gain. Now that I have lost the weight and my # on the scale reflects that, but I also didn't work out during that whole time, did it by diet and walking with the daycare kids. Interesting.........

ccr03 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:02pm
post #10 of 22

4 lbs is great! Congrats! that is really good!!!

The number is sorta important to me. Like right now that it's higher than I want, it's really important. Just because it's something 'factual' that I can't argue with, and it helps keep me on track.

As I drop, I hope it not to be as important.

michellenj Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #11 of 22

There have been times that I have been fixated on the # on the scale, but once I realized that my clothes were fitting me better, I relaxed. I'm about to start the 30 Day Shred, and I plan to take my measurements before and after, just to gauge my results.

ccr03 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 22

Michelle has a good point. I need to take my measurements soon.

I weighed in last night - I lost 1.6! I'm happy. I'm gonna try for the same next week!

I'm pumped!

cakes22 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:58pm
post #13 of 22

I have taken my measurements. I think I'm out of proportion!! lol!!!

I was in a size 15/16 when I was heavier, now I am in a 11/12. I would like to get down to 9/10 (these are cdn. sizes, not sure if their the same in the states).

What's 30 Day Shred? Sound intense?? icon_eek.gif

michellenj Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #14 of 22

The 30-Day Shred is a workout video that is by Jillian Michaels, the trainer for the show The Biggest Loser. I bought the video back during the winter and never started it, but I bought a bikini yesterday icon_surprised.gif (just to motivate myself) so I'm going to start it. I bought mine at Target.

cakes22 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:45pm
post #15 of 22

Oh I love Jilli~ She is awesome. The Biggest Loser, was my wake up call!! I watched it 3 seasons ago. Jill and Bob are amazing, though I think I would prefer to be on Bob's team cause he's hot and nice to look at!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . Is it cardio or weights or both?

I used to do Taebo, I think I had anger issues cause I loved kicking & punching!!! I also did a striper class........that was a hoot!!! I can't listen to "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" without giggling!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

michellenj Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 10:12pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . Is it cardio or weights or both?

I used to do Taebo, I think I had anger issues cause I loved kicking & punching!!! I also did a striper class........that was a hoot!!! I can't listen to "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" without giggling!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I don't know, because it is still in the package from Target. icon_redface.gif Maybe I will do it tonight.

Have any of you gals tried a fitness boot camp? There's one new in my area that I have been thinking about trying. It's every Saturday, and you don't have to pay a membership or anything, you just show up and pay.

cakesbycathy Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:53am
post #17 of 22

The first time you do 30 Day Shred is the worst. Honestly, I wanted to throw up and die from about minute 6 on!
It does get easier. By day 3 you only want to throw up. Around day 6 you can get thru the whole thing.

Course when you move up to level 2 you start wanting to puke and die all over again.

I never made it to level 3.

I will say that if you stick with it - it works. I lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks.

cakes22 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 11:51am
post #18 of 22

How long is it? I mean is it 30 mins or an hour? I get bored after 30 mins. Can you get it anywhere? We don't have Target in Canada.....

michellenj Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:43pm
post #19 of 22

According to the package, it has 3 20-minute workouts. Each 20-min workout contains:
-1 2 minute warmup
-3 6-min circuits featuring Jillian's 3-2-1 interval system
-3 min of strength
-2 minutes of cardio
-1 min of abs

-1 2 min cool down

janebrophy Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:15pm
post #20 of 22

Hey guys, interesting thread! I've been wrestling with the idea of rejoining WW too! My BFF who I used to go to meetings with moved away, and I'm not too keen on going by myself! My youngest baby is almost 2, and I've really been trying to lose the baby weight I've gained....when I say baby weight, I really mean cake weight! LOL!!

I joined a gym this winter, and have been going about 2 days a week, even hired a trainer...I'm really opposed to exercise...Anyhoo, all I've lost since January is between 5 to 7 pounds....I think I have lost a dress size though. I just have this problem with food...I really love it!

So, now that I know some of you guys are going to start up, maybe I'll be able to drag my behind to a meeting!!

cakes22 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:50pm
post #21 of 22

Jane: I am still struggling with my baby weight and my youngest it 11!!!! lol! I have lost 4 lbs since I started following the program again. Once again I'm on my weigh........

janebrophy Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm
post #22 of 22

I just bought a new digital scale for the bathroom...it says I'm almost 2 pounds lighter than my old one! icon_smile.gif Sad, isn't it, that 2 pounds would make me happy!!

I'm not going to sign up again at this point. I've lost all my books and stuff, but I was on the core program, and I'm going to start following it again. I think I remember all the allowed foods! icon_smile.gif I may even make some of that soup! LOL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%