Baking Wilton Train Cake

Decorating By Lisa07 Updated 22 May 2009 , 3:22pm by Loucinda

Lisa07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa07 Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 5

In the instructions for the wilton 3-D train cake it says to tie the two halves of the cake pan together with household string to prevent the rising cake batter from forcing the 2 halves apart- does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of string I could use?

4 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 5

I just snap mine closed and it stays, but if you want string use twine they tie the chicken legs together with while roasting. Good luck!!!!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 5

Hmm... household string is pure cotton. Do you have anything you could tear into strips? If you had an old dish towel that you could tear, that would probably work. What about the cotton bands that come in craft kits? The ones you weave into pot-holders, etc.? Just make sure you don't tie with anything that has a plastic or synthetic content. Sorry, I'm not much of a help this morning.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 5

I was just thinking why not wrap one of those silver baking strips around it, my pan is like 25 years old and it snaps tight. I think if it's made the same today there will be no problem, mine has never popped open. What a mess if it did though.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 5

I bought that 3-D pan used, no clips. I washed a brick and just set that on top of the cake while it baked. NO ties, no clips, and it held the 2 parts together just fine to bake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%