I'm Soooo Tired....

Decorating By tinygoose Updated 22 May 2009 , 4:53pm by tinygoose

tinygoose Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:05am
post #1 of 9

One more day to work on friends wedding cake for Saturday. Four tiers to fondant & decorate (already crumbcoated & have to put in SPS which always scares me). 93 cupcakes to frost, one more batch to make...if I have time...ha! Topper, stars on wires done, but needs sparkle dust and assembly. Babysitter cancelled for morning, hubby working all day. Wedding count went up by 70-80 people just in the last week!! Everyone RSVP'd late. Sorry, just had to say I'm ssoooo tired. It's midnight here. Sob! Can I do it? Any tips? I've never done cake for 180 people. How long will it take to frost 93 cupcakes? I thought I'd use the large Wilton 4B star tip?? Poor bride is stressed.

8 replies
tinygoose Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:11am
post #2 of 9

Oh...does anyone know how much icing I will need to decorate 93 cupcakes. I have 10 cups of SMBC made, but was wondering if I will need more? Can't find it on the charts. Thanks.

Rylan Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:12am
post #3 of 9

Sorry I can't answer your questions but good luck!

Momkiksbutt Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:37am
post #4 of 9

Depends on the recipe you used for the BC. If you made Sugarshacks recipe, you will need to have two batches. You may not use all of it, but it's better to have too much than not enough. Two should do it though.

ayerim979 Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:01am
post #5 of 9

Girl you definately have your work cut out for you. Just take it easy and relax . If you worry too much you are gonna end up getting overwhelmed. All i can say is good luck and Im sure you will do a great job .

Bout frosting dont know measurements but definately have alot better to have some left over , than fall short.

good Luck hun cant wait to see pics. icon_smile.gif

Jenny2451 Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:21am
post #6 of 9

I'm feeling your pain!!! I did three cakes last weekend, plus worked full time and started a second new position! Good luck and remember that you are an amazing decorator! To get those cupcakes frosted, how about bringing in some troops? If you delegated the cupcakes, you'd have some extra time to work on your cake. Find out if there is a local bakery or culinary school that has students looking for some extra credit. Each regular batch of frosting usually frosts 24-36 normal sized cupcakes (nothing fancy mind you, just put on with a knife) If you want to swirl or add, make one extra batch. Another idea would be to make a pourable ganache and pour over the tops of cupcakes. Anyway, good luck!

newnancy Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:32am
post #7 of 9

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! I agree with Jenny2451, bring in a friend or relative to ice the cupcakes & you work on the cake. Put on some music to help relax & don't worry it will be beautiful, everyone will love it.

stephaniescakenj Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 9

the cupcakes are the easiest part!!! just grab your biggest piping bag, stuff that sucker with as much frosting as you can and a large star tip, it's one swirl around and you're done. I can ice a cupcake in a flash that way. as for your buttercream, I think my IMBC recipe makes 9 cups and I needed 2 batchs for 12 doz cupcakes but I had alot leftover after that. enough for a 9 inch cake later that week so I think you might be fine with 10 cups.

Good Luck!!!!

tinygoose Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:53pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks guys. Got two of the kids off to school, little one watching Barney. Time to get to work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%