In Hot Water Over Hot Pink

Decorating By KawaiiCakeCook Updated 22 May 2009 , 9:54pm by patticakesnc

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:56am
post #1 of 16

kay so i'm ready to throw what little fondant I have left at the wall. I'm trying to make HOT pink, and so far I've made mauve, and purple pink, and baby pink, and really dark baby pink(I know I didn't think it was possible either.) But I need this for tomorrow, please give me your advice, you ladies have never steered me wrong before.

15 replies
Bluehue Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:48am
post #2 of 16

Can i ask - what *pink* are you starting with and who is it made by?

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

bbmom Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:54am
post #3 of 16

I like americolor deep pink, I havent looked lately but they have a good selection of Electric colors: I have the electric orange, yellow and green. I bet they make an electric pink.
I used deep pink in my Electric ladies, ladybug cookies its in my photos, but thats royal, dont know how it would look on fondant.

JGMB Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:58am
post #4 of 16

Americolor does make an Electric Pink. I used it in my vines/flowers cake, but that was buttercream. I don't know about fondant.

preciosa225 Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:00pm
post #5 of 16

If you look in my pics I have two cakes which I used "hot pink" fondant. I had a hard time getting this color the first time as well but here is what I do now (learned the hard way icon_wink.gif ) I use Wilton Rose Pink and some red. I've made it more than twice and each time I've used different shades of pink and once I used red fondant. Start out dying your fondant with the Rose pink and then add red a VERY little at a time. You may have to add red, then more pink and so on and so forth until you get the right shade, but this works all the time. HTH

preciosa225 Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 16

BTW - I've tried Americolor Deep pink and Electric pink and they just don't work like the Wilton Rose Pink.

Naturepixie Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 16

I use the wilton "rose", I don't add anything to it and it's a hot pink.

Bluehue Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:09pm
post #8 of 16

Naturepixie

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Have to agree - whether using Fondant or Regalice the Wilton *rose* can make a very Hot Pink - just keep adding - keep adding little by little and keep kneeding well.

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

preciosa225 Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:54pm
post #9 of 16

I agree as well but I always tend to have problems with my fondant when I add a lot of gel paste coloring so I add a few drops of the red to get the hot pink color quicker using less coloring. Just find what works for you but we all definitely agree to start with Wilton Rose. icon_wink.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:59pm
post #10 of 16

You
can
use
orange
and
pink
to
make
hot
pink.
Sorry,
spacebar
not
working...
lol..just kidding, spacebar works fine. icon_biggrin.gif A posted in another thread assured us that since she is an artist, trust her, she mixes orange and pink to get hot pink and it works. Not making fun of her or her post, we all thought it was hilarious when we saw it though! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:01pm
post #11 of 16

alright ladies, I'll let you know how it turns out

SJ169 Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:33pm
post #12 of 16

I have found that with the Wilton rose, the color is too dark or dusty i guess. I have a cake in my pictures that is what i think is hot pink and i used the wilton pink, im not sure if that the color you are trying to get but I liked the result from the pink rather then the rose color.
Good luck!

yamber82 Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #13 of 16

i got a pretty perfect hot pink with the wilton rose. look in my picks, but i put so much it completely screwed u pthe cinsistency of the mmf. i managed, but will def go another route next time, mayeb add the food color before any water when making the mmf. not sure if that will work but it's worth a try. actually, i put so much food color in it, i tore off like a 1/4 of it and mixed with a crapload of white and it was still pretty darn hot pink, lol.

Kitagrl Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #14 of 16

I have a bow on my Betty Boop cake that is hot pink...I used Americolor Fucshia and some electric pink.

kilikina_24 Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:43pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Naturepixie

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Have to agree - whether using Fondant or Regalice the Wilton *rose* can make a very Hot Pink - just keep adding - keep adding little by little and keep kneeding well.

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

Same here...I've done it both ways actually. The first time I added a little red but another time I didn't and still got a nice hot pink from Wilton rose. I hope you get the hot pink you're looking for!

patticakesnc Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:54pm
post #16 of 16

I made some very nice Hot pink (see pics) using wilton rose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%