Transporting Your Cake

Decorating By jewelzbakescakes Updated 22 May 2009 , 1:22pm by lchris

jewelzbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelzbakescakes Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:47am
post #1 of 2

Hi there, I am new to CC and totally addicted! What a wonderful, talented online community icon_smile.gif
I am making my first wedding cake (10,8,6) for a friend in August and have been researching like crazy. I have worked with fondant twice in the past and am very new at buttercream (starting the Wilton course 1 in 2 weeks). I think I am clear on the stacking of the cake thanks to the awesome information on this site.
The thing is, I am not half as stressed about making the cake as I am about transporting it! We have to drive almost 2 hours. I would rather transport it as a two layer and have the top layer separate and just add that when we get there, but I really don't want to assemble the whole thing at the reception hall. ..But how do you package a two tier cake? Is there a special box I can get or something lol.

Thanks!

1 reply
lchris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchris Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 2

I am by no means an expert, but I had to travel 2 hours with my super hero cake. It looks crooked in the picture, but it wasn't!
I went to the storage place that sells boxes, bought one big enough to place my cake in. Layed the box on it's side, so all I had to do was slide my cake in. Worked like a charm!
I used the liner under the cake so it wouldn't slide around at all. That thing didn't move an inch!
Also, drive carefully. No sudden stops, sharp turns, etc...
HTH
Laurie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%