Transporting Your Cake

Decorating By jewelzbakescakes Updated 22 May 2009 , 1:22pm by lchris

jewelzbakescakes Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:47am
post #1 of 2

Hi there, I am new to CC and totally addicted! What a wonderful, talented online community icon_smile.gif
I am making my first wedding cake (10,8,6) for a friend in August and have been researching like crazy. I have worked with fondant twice in the past and am very new at buttercream (starting the Wilton course 1 in 2 weeks). I think I am clear on the stacking of the cake thanks to the awesome information on this site.
The thing is, I am not half as stressed about making the cake as I am about transporting it! We have to drive almost 2 hours. I would rather transport it as a two layer and have the top layer separate and just add that when we get there, but I really don't want to assemble the whole thing at the reception hall. ..But how do you package a two tier cake? Is there a special box I can get or something lol.

1 reply
lchris Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 2

I am by no means an expert, but I had to travel 2 hours with my super hero cake. It looks crooked in the picture, but it wasn't!
I went to the storage place that sells boxes, bought one big enough to place my cake in. Layed the box on it's side, so all I had to do was slide my cake in. Worked like a charm!
I used the liner under the cake so it wouldn't slide around at all. That thing didn't move an inch!
Also, drive carefully. No sudden stops, sharp turns, etc...

Quote by @%username% on %date%