Heating Core Help

Decorating By mommy2remi Updated 22 May 2009 , 5:22pm by bsharp

mommy2remi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2remi Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:45am
post #1 of 7

i'm baking a 12" round cake in a 2" deep pan, filling it about 2/3rds full, is the heating core a must???? and how does this thing really work? any advice would be appreciated....

6 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:48am
post #2 of 7

People have had sucess without a heating core and some dont. I'm one of those who dont so I always use one over 10" cakes. I usually grease my pans and heating core with a mixture of flour, oil and shortening (mixed very well). Once you grease your heating core (inside and out), place it in the center of your pan and then pour your batter on the pan, around the heating core. Also, pour enough batter in the heating core and bake.

Once done, I let it cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan and the flip it onto a baking rack.

mommy2remi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2remi Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:07pm
post #3 of 7

okay thanks for the help! i'll try it icon_smile.gif

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 7

I started using a flower nail, just grease it, dust with flower and place it flat side down in you pan then pour the batter in (any larger cake use 2 nails), when the cake is done, you flip it out of the pan and the nail head is right there to slide out, no big hole left. works great!

StaceyCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyCakes75 Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 7

I use the flower nail as well and works just fine. Good luck icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 7

I've never used a heating core or nail and haven't had any issues. I usually use 3" deep pans. It's not a necessity, but some people swear by it, so try it out and see what works for you.

bsharp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsharp Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 7

I have to agree, I have used the heating core and flower nail and I love the flower nail. Just faster and less hassle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%