Refrigerating Cakes

Decorating By cookinmama87410 Updated 23 May 2009 , 2:19am by cookinmama87410

cookinmama87410 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 7

If some of the fillings need to be refrigerated and are in a huge cake how do you keep cold until serving. I bake out of my home and only have one fridge so i'm curious. When does a cake need to be kept refridgerated I'm a food poisioning phobic. Thanks

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 7

A cake only has to be kept refrigerated if the filling or the frosting contains something that needs to be kept in the fridge. For instance, cream cheese frosting has to be kept in the fridge because it will spoil if it's out for too long. Hope this helps!

bashini Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 7

I don't like to put my cakes in the fridge, so I always use fillings that doesn't need refrigerating. icon_smile.gif What kind of a filling are you going to use?

Rylan Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:11am
post #4 of 7

Were both the same. I'm scared of food poisoning. What type of filling do you use? I've had custard stay for 24 hours on the counter, so is raspberry preserves and cream cheese. I never had a problem with it.

cookinmama87410 Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:23am
post #5 of 7

I was just asking for future refrence. The cake I just made for my parents had a custard filling but they loved the cake so much (it was a suprise wedding anniversary cake) that they couldn't bring themselves to cut it up so I guess we don't have to worry about food poisoning there.

cylstrial Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinmama87410

I was just asking for future refrence. The cake I just made for my parents had a custard filling but they loved the cake so much (it was a suprise wedding anniversary cake) that they couldn't bring themselves to cut it up so I guess we don't have to worry about food poisoning there.

LOL! I hate it when people don't want to cut into my cakes! It drives me nuts! They are like, oh it's just too pretty! And I'm like, "Eat the damn thing before I stuff it in your face!"

cookinmama87410 Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:19am
post #7 of 7

Amen sister

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%