rxcat Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 10

Hi, I am wanting to make MMF for cookies i'm making for the last day of
school but do not know where to buy glycerin,i know you can buy thru
wilton but i was wondering if it can be bought at walmart.thanks cathy

9 replies
AverageMom Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 10

There are great MMF recipes on this site that do not require glycerin. You might want to look up one of's a lot easier to make.

jenbakescakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 10

I don't think Walmart sells glycerin, at least not the one around me. I get mine from Michael's, AC Moore or Hobby Lobby. But from what I understand, you don't need glycerin for MMF. I guess it just depends what recipe you use.

GayeG Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 10

I get mine at Wally World .. its in the pharmacy by where the Neosporin and antibiotic stuff is ..
And welcome to CC!!

apetricek Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 10

I am not sure where you are located...but I have seen and bought it at AcMoore, Michaels, and Joannes. Hope this helps...I have also heard of Hobby Lobby altough I don't have one of those near me, but maybe others that have that store will be able to help you with this....hope this helps...maybe global sugar would have it as well...although you probably wouldn't have it in time..

stsapph Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 10

Here, try this recipe, it's great. You can sub extracts, but I really like the lemon taste.

apetricek Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 10

Another idea for you is to make rolled buttercream...there is a great recipe on here that I use on my NFSC all the time, and it is great and I think much better tasting than fondant. You can color it, pretty much do whatever with it, and you can make it up ahead of time...hope this helps!

GayeG Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 10

I also use a recipe for MMF by Macsmom - in the recipe section .. it calls for the glycerin, and is JUST AS EASY as the ones that dont call for it .. Ive tried ALOT of those MMF recipes and hers is the best!! IMO of course icon_wink.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #9 of 10

Most drug stores carry glycerin as it has other uses - check with the pharmacy if it's not out on the shelves. You can buy a larger amount for a much much lower price.

chilz822 Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:33am
post #10 of 10

You can also pick it up at health food stores (gelatin too if you decide to make Michele's fondant instead)

Quote by @%username% on %date%