Rotating Cupcakes While Baking

Decorating By charman Updated 22 May 2009 , 1:55pm by Mizuki

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever rotated their cupcakes when baking to help the bottom rack ones from burning on the bottoms? Wouldn't want them to fall or anything, but did know if someone else tried this before I go and possibly screw up. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 4

I was really hoping someone would have an answer on this one...have to bake 12 dozen tonight. With the lack of success I had on things last night, not sure I want to try my luck. If no replys by close of business, I will just resume what I've always done.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 4

If no one replies in time, you can try filling each pan only half full of cupcakes to experiment with. If it's not successful, you'll lose the time, but you won't lose as much batter as if you'd filled the pans all the way.

Personally, I won't even open the oven during the first 15 minutes of baking, let alone jostle the pans around. Hopefully, you'll hear from someone who has had a positive experience.

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 4

I have not done it with cupcakes, but I always rotate if I have one cake on the top rack and one on the bottom. My oven is a POS though, so if I don't do that the bottom rack cake won't brown up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%