Hi, the in laws are coming tomorrow and last night my MIL called asking if I could make her a pineapple upside down cake. I'm a big Cupcake baker, not cakes, but I'm willing to give it a go for her. I need a great recipe that is homemade, she can't be fooled by the boxed mixes unfortunately.
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it!!!
This is a good recipe
4 cups of shifted cake flour (sifte first and then measured)
1 pound margarine
2 cups of sugar
4 tsp of baking pouder
2 tsp vanilla extract
10 eggs separated
1 1/2 cup milk
1 pineapple or canned pineapple
3/4 cup brown sugar or more
4 ounces cherries
Oven 175° or 350°, Pan size 11"
1. shif flour and measure, add baking pouder and shift
2. separete whites from yolks
3. cream margarine and sugar until is creamy and light in color, add one
yolk at the time, do not over whip. add vanilla and flour alterning with milk. if using mxer in very low speed.I f you over mix the cake will be very dense.
4. Whip the egg whites and add very softly.
5. prepare mold with paper on the botton, grease both, bottom and paper and sides, dust with flour. add enough brown sugar to cover the bottom, then put the pineapple rounds and the cherries in the middle. then add the cake batter. Bake until is cooked. You can make half recipe in a 9" mold pan. Wait only2 minutes to unmold, because it can stick to the mold The pinneapple has to be put in a colander to loose the liquid.
Thank you!! That's a whole lot of eggs though, haha... I'll have to try this... Thanks!