Getting Shimmer Dust On Candy Clay

Decorating By Deborah1152 Updated 21 May 2009 , 7:02pm by DianeLM

Deborah1152 Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 4

the shimmer -luster dust I got is a powder. How do I get it to stick on candy clay. I also got the pearl stuff to mix with lemon extract & spray on to make the clay shinney but need some sparkle for the barbie dress also. We also have the larger sparkles ?? Help asap

3 replies
DianeLM Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 4

You just brush the luster dust on dry and it adheres right to the chocolate. Make sure your chocolate is at room temp. It won't work on refrigerated choc because of the condensation.

What I do to add sparkles or glitter is brush the choc with confectioners glaze, pour on the glitter, then turn the piece over and let the excess fall off. Just like we did in grade school with Elmers glue! icon_smile.gif

Deborah1152 Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

You just brush the luster dust on dry and it adheres right to the chocolate. Make sure your chocolate is at room temp. It won't work on refrigerated choc because of the condensation.

What I do to add sparkles or glitter is brush the choc with confectioners glaze, pour on the glitter, then turn the piece over and let the excess fall off. Just like we did in grade school with Elmers glue! icon_smile.gif

Is petal dust & luster dust the same. I also have pearl glaze. Do I spray w/extract ?? New to all this & our store dosn't carry much.

DianeLM Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Quote:

Is petal dust & luster dust the same. I also have pearl glaze. Do I spray w/extract ?? New to all this & our store dosn't carry much.

Petal dust is matte and luster dust is... well... lustrous! Luster dust has more of a shimmer to it where petal dust has no shimmer at all.

About which thing are you asking if you spray w/extract? You don't mix the pearl glaze with anything. It's already a mixture. Personally, I'm not crazy about it. I prefer to make my own mixture based on the project... either pearl dust mixed with alcohol (vodka or Everclear), pearl dust mixed with piping gel+alcohol or pearl dust mixed with confectioners glaze.

You can mix dry pearl dust with alcohol to make a liquid for spraying through the airbrush. Be careful not to let the dust clog up your nozzle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%