Peppers First Birthday

Decorating By Reimagining_Confections Updated 24 May 2009 , 6:03pm by Reimagining_Confections

Reimagining_Confections Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 8

Hi guys,

So I have spent tons of time in the galleries pouring through pictures to get ideas for a cake for my daughters Pipers first birthday. My DH is threatening to report me MIA to the local police dept! icon_biggrin.gif

This is my last baby and my skills have improved since my first. I really want to do something great for her- we had a hard time concieving(2 misscarriages) and rocky pregnancy (CVS-testing etc.). She is a great HEALTHY babygirl and I want to make it special.

I am up for carved, stacked, modeled, etc. Cupcakes, cake, cookies, etc. I just want something special. Any one have any pics for WOW cakes for little ones? The Elmo is cute(sitting up) but has been done and she doesn't really watch Elmo. She seems to like Blue from Blues Clues. She also loves her Little Leap(Tad) by Leap Frog. She also has all the typical baby toys and likes PBS Kids shows and Disneyplayhouse. Also help on flavors would be great- no choc. no nuts of any kind.

Thanks guys- I appreciate it. I am tearing up thinking about it. Crazy right?

7 replies
cakes22 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 8

How many people are you going to be serving? I think that may help you figure out what kind of cake you make.

When I think of 1st birthdays, I think simple. I mean yes it would be great to get the "ohhhhh's" and "ahhhhhh's" over a great cake, but your little one isn't going to care what it is, she is just gonna eat it. icon_biggrin.gif And if you let her get her hands on it, what difference will it make, it will be all be smashed with teeny tiny hands icon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gif

Maybe you could make her a smash cake of something that she really loves. And make a cake for the rest of the party-goers (or cupcakes, or cookies).

Maybe a cake with alphabet blocks with letters and numbers but make it really girly (pinks and light greens). Or a little mini castle with princess cookies.

Good luck and post pics when your done!!!

sweetjan Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 8

Post a pic! Post a pic! icon_biggrin.gif

Reimagining_Confections Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 8

The cake is for family about 15 people. Kids and adults. I don't mind too much cake(as if there is such a thing icon_lol.gif ). My DH can just take it to work the next day.

Yeah- I definitely want a smash(slice, cake) piece. I even thought about a cupcake incorporated in the design to be removed and given to the baby to "eat". Anyone have any pics with cupcakes?

cakes22 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 8

I have the Wilton cupcake pan (not the huge one but the one that makes 4)
I have used the cupcakes on top of 9"round cakes for a little girls party I did (don't have a pic of that, sorry) but you get the idea. Ended up being really cute.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:13pm
post #6 of 8

I love doing 1st birthdays. Here is my 2 cents. If you make the baby something she plays with and she goes to eat it and it falls apart is she going to think it was the toy and freak out? I have one comming up that is the Little Einstiens octopus and my fear is that it will not go over well when the head comes off.

I usually make a 6" round 1 layer for baby to smash then do a larger cake for the rest of the party guests. I like to model them after the party invites or party ware. Look at what you want the decor to be then use it to make your cake.

MrsMabe Posted 24 May 2009 , 5:30pm
post #7 of 8

Here is the cake I intend to do for my first baby's first birthday. I just need to start making baby's now....

Reimagining_Confections Posted 24 May 2009 , 6:03pm
post #8 of 8

I love the cheese and mouse cake. Too cute. I could then take out the slice of cheese and give to Piper for pics and smashing. Thanks! Great idea

Quote by @%username% on %date%