Where To Find Cheap Cake Dummies

Decorating By Katilia Updated 21 May 2009 , 9:48pm by Katilia

Katilia Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where to find cheap cake dummies? I've looked online and I've only been able to find ones that I feel are over priced. I really don't think I should have to pay that much for styrofoam.

6 replies
learnincakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:25am
post #2 of 7

Try Taylor foam and Dallas Foam, Dallas I think is a little less. Taylor has great service and really quick shipping. I have purchased from both of them and they really are pretty close in price if you figure in the shipping. My order from Taylor arrived in 3 days, it was great. Dallas took about a week to 10 days.

panchanewjersey Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:27am
post #3 of 7
__Jamie__ Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:27am
post #4 of 7

Overpriced compared to.....? I think they are all pretty much comparable in price. I get mine from T a y lo r F oa m, the spaces are because this site blocks other names than Global Sugar Art, watch how it turns bright blue after I post it.

Anyways, they sell the sharp cornered ones, and the contour tops which make covering in fondant reaaaaaly smooth. And they ship fast too.

Since I don't have a styrofoam press or high dollar cutting equipment to make my own, I'll pay the $20 bucks for a good set.

JasonR Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:34am
post #5 of 7

I also found d a l la s f oa m to be reasonable for cake dummies, as of last year anyway.

cblupe Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:50am
post #6 of 7

I have had good success with G u i l d c r a f t F u r n i ture for all shapes sizes and no minimum number to order. Good luck in your search. And, the styrofoam was received in perfect condidtion, no nicks, dings or lumps.

Katilia Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you everyone! I'm hoping to get some dummies made up for my tiny cake business and I didn't want to pay too much. Thank you so much this helps a lot! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%