I Can't Decide On Which Kind!

Decorating By Munchkinette Updated 21 May 2009 , 7:00pm by tiggy2

Munchkinette Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:36am
post #1 of 7

I'm going to be making my mom's birthday cake in a two weeks. She saw a picture of a cake in the Wilton 2009 yearbook that she really loves. For those that have the yearbook its on the inside of of the cover. Its a pretty simple design. I'm going to cover it in fondant but do all buttercream decorations. What I can't decide is what brand/type of fondant I want to use. I can't decide between making rolled buttercream, or buying one of the following Fondarific buttercream flavored fondant, Satin Ice, or Choco-Pan. I am really leaning toward the Fondarific or the rolled buttercream but just can't decide. Any suggestions?

6 replies
Elise87 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:52am
post #2 of 7

i don't know about the american bought brands but i would suggest home made marshmallow fondant, it tastes yum and is really easy to make icon_smile.gif

krissycupcakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:58am
post #3 of 7

I love MMF never tried the store bought stuff , and MMF is super cheap

Rylan Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:55am
post #4 of 7

I personally use Satin Ice but I would suggest you try out Jennifer Dontz semi homemade recipe. Check out her site to get her dvd.

Cakepro Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:16am
post #5 of 7

I recommend the buttercream flavored Fondarific. That stuff tastes yummy!

Munchkinette Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone. I've used MMF before and love it. Its so easy to make and use. I've just been very intrigued by other types/brands out there and am dying to try some other types of fondant. Along with the fact I don't really feel like making fondant, lol and that I want more of a buttercream flavor then marshmallow flavor. I suppose I could add some vanilla flavoring to the MMF. Seems I still haven't gotten any farther with my decision eh.

tiggy2 Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 7

Choc o pan is very tasty but a little harder to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%