Limoncello Torte

Baking By notapro Updated 24 Nov 2013 , 5:53am by vonscakes87

notapro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notapro Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:43am
post #1 of 10

My husband was in Italy this month (for work) and he had a limoncello torte. I have searched the internet and can not find a recipe for this that sounds like what he had. He said it there was a cake layer, a pudding consistency layer and then another layer (he said frosting but who knows). Our anniversary is Friday and I would love to recreate a similar dessert. Anyone know a good recipe?

9 replies
bananabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananabread Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:05am
post #2 of 10

I was checking for you, and I found this,

tp://www.recipesecrets.net/forums/recipe-exchange/27460-cheesecake-factory-lemoncello-cream-torte.html

you can write en google, lemoncello torte recipe and will see a big list. Good luck.

notapro Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:21am
post #3 of 10

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

I had looked at the link for the recipe for the cheescake factory's limoncello torte, but that really doesn't sound like what my husband described. I had searched for it using the yahoo search engine, but not google. I got much better results when I searched using google as you suggested. I think I found a recipe that sounds closer to what he described. Thanks again!

bananabread Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 10

why don´t you try to describe how is the cake, so I can help you to find one

notapro Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 10

Here is all he told me.... icon_sad.gif

"some kind of cake layer, with a pudding like consistency layer on top of that, then a frosting layer on top of that. Then repeat each of those three layers" . I saw a limoncello lemon curd recipe of CC and think I may try that as the "pudding" layer. I am not a creative baker and am definitely a follow the recipe type person so it's tough for me to try and put together different pieces of recipes to make my own, but I think I am going to have to. But I'm wondering what kind of cake to use? I asked Dh if the torte had lady fingers in it (like the cheesecake factory recipe calls for) but he said no. Also, maybe a marscopone layer for the "frosting layers" (like in tiramisu?). Any suggestions would be appreciated. I definitely got some help looking at the google sites. They were much better than the results I got from my yahoo search engine.

He said he was in a restaurant in Sicily and a group of men came in and ordered a dessert that was not on the menu (Limoncello torte). Dh and the other guys he was with struck up a conversation with the other group and they started passing out slices of this dessert. Dh and everyone else there said it was to die for. The guys DH was with went back to the restaurant every day for a week and the owner said that the company that they order desserts from only brings the limoncello torte occasionally. DH and his group were there another ten days and on the last day, the restaurant got ONE torte in from the company and of course his group got it. Needless to say, it didn't make it back to the states....

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 10

limoncello is amazing stuff! Please post what you make. I am drooling over here!!! I am making my dd a B-day strawberry lemonaid cake but she's 2 so no alcohol for this one-drats!!

bananabread Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 10

I would suggest to make a sponge cake in tree pans, very thin, or make a jelly roll cake and cut in rounds, put one piece in the pan moist with some kind of syrup, the the custard, let cool, the put onther cake round and so on, I think will be ok. If you need the sponge cake recipe write me.

LadyG33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyG33 Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:03pm
post #8 of 10

I am making a Lemoncello cream torte tomorrow,
This is the recipe I am trying

Make cake:
Bake 1 box white cake mix as directed, except bake in a springform pan. Allow to cool, level the top, then slice in half horizontally.

Have on hand a package or two of Ladyfingers (not sure how many you will need), and either Lemoncello or Lemon Simple Syrup:
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
Zest from one lemon plus 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Heat sugar, zest, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil. Pour through a fine sieve into a medium bowl; discard solids. Let cool completely. Stir in lemon juice. Syrup can be refrigerated, airtight, up to 1 month.

Make Lemoncello Cream:
1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 (8 ounce) package marscapone cheese OR cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
Dissolve gelatin in water. Chill until thick, but not set.

Cream marscapone and vanilla extract together. Blend in gelatin.

Whip evaporated milk and fold into the gelatin mixture.
Make Crumb Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cold, cut into slices
Combine all ingredients into a food processor, just until crumbly.

Assemble:
Put a layer of cake on the bottom of a springform pan. Soak in either Lemoncello or Lemon Simple Syrup.
Pour about a half inch of lemon cream over the cake. Arrange Ladyfingers in a circle on the cream. Soak in booze or simple syrup.
Pour more cream on top of lady fingers.
Add second cake layer, soak in booze or syrup.
You should still have some cream left. Spread a bit less on top than you did inside the cake.
Sprinkle crumb topping on top.
Chill until cake is set, about 4 hours (or freeze, but defrost before serving).

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:44pm
post #9 of 10
vonscakes87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonscakes87 Posted 24 Nov 2013 , 5:53am
post #10 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyG33 

I am making a Lemoncello cream torte tomorrow,
This is the recipe I am trying

Make cake:
Bake 1 box white cake mix as directed, except bake in a springform pan. Allow to cool, level the top, then slice in half horizontally.

Have on hand a package or two of Ladyfingers (not sure how many you will need), and either Lemoncello or Lemon Simple Syrup:
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
Zest from one lemon plus 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Heat sugar, zest, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil. Pour through a fine sieve into a medium bowl; discard solids. Let cool completely. Stir in lemon juice. Syrup can be refrigerated, airtight, up to 1 month.

Make Lemoncello Cream:
1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 (8 ounce) package marscapone cheese OR cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
Dissolve gelatin in water. Chill until thick, but not set.

Cream marscapone and vanilla extract together. Blend in gelatin.

Whip evaporated milk and fold into the gelatin mixture.
Make Crumb Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cold, cut into slices
Combine all ingredients into a food processor, just until crumbly.

Assemble:
Put a layer of cake on the bottom of a springform pan. Soak in either Lemoncello or Lemon Simple Syrup.
Pour about a half inch of lemon cream over the cake. Arrange Ladyfingers in a circle on the cream. Soak in booze or simple syrup.
Pour more cream on top of lady fingers.
Add second cake layer, soak in booze or syrup.
You should still have some cream left. Spread a bit less on top than you did inside the cake.
Sprinkle crumb topping on top.
Chill until cake is set, about 4 hours (or freeze, but defrost before serving).

ok so I am trying to do this cake but with strawberry jello instead of lemon...I have now tried making this cream filling twice to no success!!!the filling looks like a curdled mess..at first I thought maybe it was because my mascarpone filling was sitting out too long along with the 7day past expiration date(I later realized)..I tried fixing it thinking I could heat a little bit up and add it to the mixture and whip..nope...still looks like floating curdled mess..of course thought maybe need refrigeration so gelatin can set up..nope.it made it stiffer but it was still lumpy as all hell...I don't get it...I bought new stuff today,turned my paddle on to "stir" so I could add vanilla and it wasn't smooth either..and it was just mascarpone!!!????wth?!!!!ugh!!I should've listened to my horoscope and tackled this earlier...HELP!!PLEASE!!ANYONE!!??? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%