A Better Butter Cream?

Decorating By krissycupcakes Updated 21 May 2009 , 1:11am by sayhellojana

krissycupcakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:19am
post #1 of 6

ok so i havent had much problems with my butter cream before but i was watching a cake show on TV and when they were spreading the BC it went on soooo nice it seemed alot smoother and softer then mine. if anyone has good recipes for butter cream please let me know or if you have any tips for what i can do to get a better consistantcey please let me know. i do need something that is stable and doesnt need to be refridgerated my cakes normally stay out of the fridge for about 36hours.thanks all

5 replies
Minstrelmiss Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:29am
post #2 of 6

I modify indydebi's and love it! (I only use one cup of crisco and she uses 1 1/3 cups) I found it in the recipes sections. Other than that, I LOVE IT! So smooth and creamy. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

mandyloo Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:42am
post #3 of 6

I use indydebi's and : OhMyGoodies zero trans fat buttercream and I LOVE THEM. They both are smooth, taste great, make good flowers....I can't say enough good things about those two recipes.

krissycupcakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 12:59am
post #4 of 6

thanks ladys i cant wait to try them next next week on my next cake.

icer101 Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:05am
post #5 of 6

buttercream dream on this site.. add pack of dream whip.. or not.. delicious

sayhellojana Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:11am
post #6 of 6

Serious_Cake's buttercream recipe from her youtube videos is good if you want a PS buttercream, I personally really like IMBC. i use "classic vanilla buttercream" from the food network site. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%