More Description Detail In Post Of Pictures

Decorating By CakesbyCindi Updated 20 May 2009 , 10:15pm by jammjenks

CakesbyCindi Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 5

I love this site, being new to it and a hobby baker, I am enjoying seeing all the pictures of cakes. I just wish that some of the posters would put more information about their cakes, ie: cake flavors, icing flavors, filling flavors, I know most of you do, but then there are those.... well, It is just nice to reference a cake and look up the recipe if it is something new you want to try. I have PM several posters, and everyone has answered and have been extremely helpful. Just a thought, not criticism....cause I love, love, love this site!!!!

4 replies
TexasSugar Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 5

There is another post about this floating around in the last few days.

My personal opinion is that it doesn't really matter to me what flavor the cake is. Yeah it is interesting to see different cake flavor/filling combinations, but there are also hundreds of posts in the site that deal with those as well.

I think it is every helpful to have what mediums they used to do the different details on the cakes, but I don't think people should feel like they have to right a paragraph long description on every cake including every little detail they did.

sweetcakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 5

id like to see what size cakes were used. it really makes no difference to the rest of us what flavour the cake was. I try to add to mine what i like to read when looking at someone elses cake.

indydebi Posted 20 May 2009 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 5
Originally Posted by sweetcakes

id like to see what size cakes were used.

I've recently started adding this info "due to popular demand" icon_biggrin.gif from threads such as this! thumbs_up.gif

jammjenks Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 5

I agree that sizes and mediums used would be awesome. Some don't seem to have time to put that info and I can respect would be good though. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%