Need Suggestions Fro A House Warming Cake

Decorating By LymariRamos Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 6:14pm by LymariRamos

LymariRamos Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 8

I need to do a house warming cake for a good friend in August. I've been inspired by BRider (wine bottle cake) and Prudence ("cheese" cake), love them both. Thinking of maybe doing both together.

But I was wondering if I can get any ideas or direction to some cake inspirations on this site. I'd like to make it a little more personal, but there are just sooo many cakes to look at on this site icon_biggrin.gif

So, I was trying to figure out how to incorporate all of her main likes into one cake w/o it looking too busy (army/wine/cheese/congas/motorcycle/drums/food/mets/travel). I know.... I'm probably pushing it, but I figured I'd put it out there and see what I get.

7 replies
Rylan Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 8

Thats a lot of different things. I think it would look great to make wooden looking board made of fondant. I made one last week. Put the cheese on it, with a slice. Make the wine stand up right next to it. Maybe put the board on top of motorcycle tire (cake) and on top of it is a (drum), as if they were using the tire and drum as a table. You can have a travel theme on the wine bottle and thats all I can think for now. Hope that helps.

pipercakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 8

Wow - that is a lot of different things. Are they set on the wine/cheese theme? Because I've seen FABULOUS cakes on this site that remind me of a house warming:

I love this Candle cake:

Grey Goose & Berries:

Bucket of Brews:

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 8

Maybe a picnic basket with the wine and cheese in it. Add a tag saying something like "Welcome Home"

cricket0616 Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 8

What about a cake made to look like her new home!

jammjenks Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

The only thing I can think of to incorporate all those things would be a mailbox with postcard-type pictures of each of the things they like. Other than that, I'd probably make it a more narrow list.

LymariRamos Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you for all of the ideas. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%