Coach Bag Cake

Decorating By lisa01 Updated 20 May 2009 , 5:44pm by panchanewjersey

lisa01 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 2

I need information on making a coach baby bag cake for a baby shower. I have a client who wants a fondant coach baby bag cake with the (C's) stenciled on the cake. I need help from start to finish how to build this cake up and then cover it with fondant. The client wants the bag to be open with baby accessories sitting on top inside the bag but visible. Any info will be helpful if anyone can get me started in the right direction .

Thank You
Lisa

1 reply
panchanewjersey Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 2

Wel I made one and it wasn't that bad, could've been worse.I used a sheet cake and cut it in 3 equal parts. Put them in freezer for about 30 min and when I got it out I slightly shaped it to look like a diaper bag. Since coach diaper bags are kinda square anyways (picture I got was). Then I dammed it and filled it. Iced in thin layer of bc and let it sit for a bit then covered in fondant. I used oval cutter to make my c's but I've heard many people make stencils or even stamps. They're good! lol Then you make your baby stuff with gumpaste, fondant or even chocolate molds. Make your handles a few days before so they dry nice & hard. Well I think that's it. My bag was small just looks pretty bi, but they only wanted a small one for 15 people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%