Help Need Ideas Asap

Baking By illini89 Updated 22 May 2009 , 11:13pm by crystalina1977

illini89 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 6

This is not a cake related question, but still cake central was the first thing that popped into my head when I was asked to help cater an event next wed. They would like all types of finger food and we have already several ideas. My question to all of you: any ideas for a cucumber salad type of finger food?

would much appreciate any ideas!
we are in a time crunch as we are facing a german holiday here and then mon-an american one

5 replies
bananabread Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:35am
post #3 of 6

maybe cucumber slices with whipped cream cheese? and a piece of red pepper or another decoration

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 6

What about cucumber tea cakes? THey are actually tiny sandwiches. I make them for all the showers at our local church and have also made them for several anniversary parties as well. THey are really easy to make but they look so elegant.

Jayde Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 6

Herbed Cucumber Dip

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
4 tbsp. sour cream
1/2 large onion, grated and drained
1 cup seeded cucumber, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of dill
1 tsp of parsley
1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Whip cream cheese and sour cream until well mixed. Add lemon juice, parsley, dill, and garlic powder, whip to incorporate. Fold in onion and cucumber. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refridgerate until well chilled. Spoon dip into tortilla scoops and serve.

crystalina1977 Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 6

what about thickly sliced cucumbers (1" or so), with a scopped out center (not all the way, like a little bowl). fill the bowl with different things, tzatziki or dill flavored dip, thick homemade ranch, chicken salad, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%