Wasc Cocunut Version

Decorating By galliesway Updated 20 May 2009 , 5:44pm by Texas_Rose

galliesway Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone tried a coconut version of WASC? I'm also wondering what to use for the icing because I'm wanting it to go under fondant.

Thanks,
Kelley

3 replies
smoore Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 4

I've made a coconut version with just regular buttercream and it was good. With chocolate, it reminds me of a "mounds" candy bar. Yum! Then again ... mix the lime and the coconut like the song says. I think I want a piece with a lime curd filling an regular buttercream right now, though. icon_smile.gif

sillywabbitz Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 4

I have made 2 different coconut cakes. Using the WASC approach I used a coconut cake mix and coconut pudding (not in the wasc recipe but I threw it in for extra flavor) came out awesome.

Previously I had made a coconut cake with fresh coconut and the fresh coconut seemed to suck the moisture right out of the cake..end up dry ...which was very disappointing.

I used an Italian Cream cake frosting but a plain vanilla buttercream should be just as yummy. Smoore...I'm going to have to make a Lime and the coconut cake nowicon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 4

I just made a coconut WASC that got rave reviews from everyone. This is what I used:

2 DH coconut cake mixes
2 c sugar
2 c flour
2 c sour cream
6 eggs
2 c water
2/3 c Cruzan gold rum
2 tsp Adams coconut extract
1/4 cup oil

For the frosting, I used Indydebi's recipe and added 1 tbsp Adams coconut extract in place of the vanilla. It tasted like pina colada even though I hadn't used any pineapple flavoring.

I covered it in coconut flavored MMF.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%