Wasc Coconut Version

Baking By galliesway Updated 22 May 2009 , 3:47am by rlc23

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone used the WASC but coconut version?

Thanks,
Kelly

5 replies
sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 6

Mmm I'd love the answer to this too. I did one w/ coconut creamer, coconut milk, and some coconut extract and DID NOT like the results.

I may try it w/o the coconut creamer next time and just the coconut milk (replace that w/ the water) and coconut extract.

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 6

I just baked MACSMOM's Tropical Breeze cake for my sons birthday this weekend. The tops I cut off were pretty good.

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 6

Hmm that's a lot more tropical though than coconutty. I found that cake WAY too sweet (and I have a huge sweet tooth!)

I'm thinking using coconut milk and maybe a dash of cream of coconut would be good for a coconut cake in the wasc. I might try it this weekend.

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 6

I was thinking maybe adding coconut instant pudding. I'm going to try posting in another forum and see if anyone has tried it and possibly successful. Thanks for the replies keep them coming!

Kelly

rlc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlc23 Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:47am
post #6 of 6

I used the WASC, and instead of almond used coconut extract, then I added a 1/2 cup or so of shredded coconut, and I think the flavor was really nice. Not too overwhelming, but really good with coconut frosting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%