Check Out This Article If You Want To Feel Really Old

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 20 May 2009 , 7:24pm by costumeczar

costumeczar Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 6

My friend sent me this link from the Brown University paper. I'm hoping that it's a joke, but if it isn't it proves that "kids these days" have no sense of privacy.
http://www.browndailyherald.com/2.12233/facebook-poke-leads-to-awkward-one-nighter-1.1677581

I'd think it was an April Fool's Day thing, but it wasn't published until April 3rd. Maybe it was just late? I hope these people don't really exist. Can you imagine their future employers finding this online? icon_lol.gif

5 replies
DianeLM Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 6

LOL... this sounds like something we'd find in The Onion!

costumeczar Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 6

That's EXACTLY what I said whey friend sent this to me! The more I think about this, the more I really hope this is a joke! It's very Onion-y.

cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 6

I found all the things they were studying to be hilarious!

Deconstructing the Meta-Narratives of Postmodern Celebrity Weeklies,

Representations of the Ear th Mother in Kabbalah and Rastafarianism: A Comparative Study,"

People Whose Conversations Devolve Into Discussions on the Meaning of Life"

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

I found all the things they were studying to be hilarious!

Deconstructing the Meta-Narratives of Postmodern Celebrity Weeklies,

Representations of the Ear th Mother in Kabbalah and Rastafarianism: A Comparative Study,"

People Whose Conversations Devolve Into Discussions on the Meaning of Life"

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

LOL!! My Salon is 10 minutes from Brown................after dealing with these kids day in and day out I find that 90% of them (that I meet) are studying stuff like this.

Makes me wonder what kind of job they'll all get upon graduating.icon_rolleyes.gif Oh wait..........they'll probably work in the family business.

The other 10% are actually very hard working fine young adults.......who will be graduating with a lot of student loans. icon_wink.gif

edited to add (that I meet) I certainly don't know ALL of them icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 6

Even though I'm the one who originally posted the article, I'm still hoping for their sake that it's a joke!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%