Help? How To Make A Peace Sign With Fondant?

Decorating By bourbs Updated 20 May 2009 , 5:07pm by bourbs

bourbs Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I have been searching for a fondant cutter like this but cannot locate one. My niece is a peace sign loved and her birthday is coming up. I'd like to use peace sign decos on the cake

Any help?
Thanking in Advance, Marie

6 replies
Kimmers971 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 7

Try printing out one in the size you need, cut it with an exacto knife and then trace it on your rolled out fondant. I had to use this method with my NY Yankees cake to do the logo. And the sharp exacto knife made it nice and clean.

Hope this help & Have Fun!

kileyscakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 7

If you can draw one on a thick piece of poster board or find a picture of one on the computer and print it off and then glue it to some poster board and cut it out and then use that as your template and take an exacto knife and cut it out let it dry just a bit before trying to handle it and it should work fine, I had to do this for my sisters grad cake I wanted to put 2009 on the front of it and I didn't have any cutters so I did it this way and it worked great, just more time consuming. hth!
Kiley

sadsmile Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 7

I did my superman logo for my supergirl cake doing this with photo copies. Worked great!

wakeandbake Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 7

i agree making a template with posterboad and using an exacto knife to cut out the peace signs is probably your best bet. good luck!

Debluvs2bake Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 7

I'm making a cake for this weekend w/ a 6" peace sign for the top. I rolled fondant/gp into a rope, formed the circle. Added the inner parts and adheared with a little water. I ran a skewer through the center. I picked it up last night to check the stability, it's great. It's tye dye colored and about 1/52" thick. I'm making mini ones too to place around the tiers.

bourbs Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 7

Ohhhh Bless your hearts!
You solved my dilemma! That's why I love it here, everyone is so helpful!

Oh and I love the idea of the tye dye look too!
Marie icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%