Where To Buy Or How To Make Ri Stencil?

Decorating By Cake_Geek Updated 20 May 2009 , 1:40pm by Win

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 5

I have to match a modern baby bedding pattern for a cake next month and saw someone use a stencil of a pattern just like it on a cake in the gallery here. How or where do I get one made? How expensive are they generally? Can I buy the stencil material myself and make one ?

Thanks,
Dia

4 replies
alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 5

I bought some transparency sheets and a stencil burner (Michael's) to make my own. You can use acetate for the stencil material. The prices really vary on stencils but designerstencils.com has a great variety.

Vylette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vylette Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 5

I also made my own with the blank stencil sheets and an exacto knife to cut/trace out the design.
But, then mine was just a simple bare branch, so it wasn't horribly intricate.

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 5

I am not sure of what type of stencil you are looking for, but I made my own stencil for scrollwork with a glass frame and royal icing. Cheap and easy. It's the green and white cake in my pics. You just pipe the design you want and let it dry, then press into the cake after it has crusted, then pipe with icing over the design. Good Luck!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 5

Everything to answer your questions should be here:

http://cakecentral.com/article178-VIDEO-How-to-Stencil-on-a-Fondant-Covered-Cake-Video.html

Or, if you can't click in, it is on the front page, scroll down to 'articles."

HTH

edited to add, you can use any stencil pattern found in hobby stores, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%