Cake Boxes

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 20 May 2009 , 7:26am by dogluvr

kickasscakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:47am
post #1 of 5

Maybe a dumb Question, but I find most of my cakes, when they are on the drums, are too tall or the drum is too wide for the box, so when people come to get the cake, they are leaving with it uncovered. I have Wilton boxes... Are there others that are bigger, for taller cakes, or large drums?

Rainy season is here, and I hate to see a customer walk out with an exposed cake...

4 replies
jammjenks Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:58am
post #2 of 5

That happens to me sometimes too, especially if I have a topper. I just cut off the top of the box and cover with plastic wrap. Some people tape the top in an open position and cover the opening with plastic wrap. You can order taller boxes, but I like to keep just two sizes on hand for the sake of space. I always have plenty of 12X12X6 & 19X14X4

kickasscakes Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:28am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Jammyjerks!

icer101 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:34am
post #4 of 5

i too, prop up by box tops.. tape it to the sides.. use cling wrap or something like that to cover for freshness,etc.. i have used like craft sticks. tape them around the box inside... and prop up top.. just different ways i do it according to what i have to do.. hth

dogluvr Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:26am
post #5 of 5

I prop the top up then cover the opening with press and works wonders because it sticks right where you put it

Quote by @%username% on %date%