Cookie Pop Party

Baking By taygetta Updated 22 May 2009 , 12:39am by taygetta

taygetta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taygetta Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:38am
post #1 of 5

I am a Hobby Lobby Wilton Method instructor who just had someone (my hair lady who is an awesome lady and is in the process of taking my classes) want to set up a Cookie Party. The Cookie class isn't offered at Hobby Lobby so it would be done at her home. She wants to get together with a bunch of her friends and learn to decorate cookie pops and do up bouquets. Which I think will be absolutely fun but I am unsure how to handle the technicalities of it. I most likely would be providing the majority of the cookies, with maybe one or two batches to show them how to do it on site (it would be in her home or a friends) and then providing most of the royal icing. My question is this...has anyone done this? I searched the forum but nothing popped up. Any tips or advise? Also what would I charge for it? (oo the dreaded 'what do I charge' question) ;o) Thanks Ladies and Gents!

Deanna

4 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 5

I saw a listing for a cake decorating class (thru the local community college) that basically charged $20 for a 3 hour class. I'm going to be doing a 2 day cookie decorating class this fall for my 3D cookies, 4 hours each day, and the charge will be $50. (It's not a class that I set up...I was asked to do it and gladly accepted). I'll be supplying the cookies, icing, and decorating bags. I'm asking the students to supply their own decorating tips, couplers, and spatula.

I'm very nervous about the class, and hope it goes well! I plan to have copies of all the recipes I use as well as a sheet of tips on cookie decorating that they can take home with them. I'll also have step-by-step instructions printed out so if they miss something when I'm talking they'll have something to refer to.

Good luck on your class! Let us know what you decide to do, and how it goes.

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 5

I went to a couple of cookie bouquet classes at a cake decorating shop -- the charge was $25 and included everything we needed to take home a 4 cookie bouquet.

The only items we were asked to bring were tweezers and scissors. I liked the "wedding" theme class the best, because we learned to decorate specific designs rather than "do your own thing". Since I wasn't brand new to decorating, and often like to do it with a little group, some of the most useful tips I got there was seeing how she had it set up!

taygetta Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:36am
post #4 of 5

Thanks Cindy and Gemini. I have a rough idea of what I need to do just wanted to draw on all the experience of the group. Gemini when I actually do it I will let you know how it goes!

taygetta Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 5

Thanks Cindy and Gemini. I have a rough idea of what I need to do just wanted to draw on all the experience of the group. Gemini when I actually do it I will let you know how it goes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%