Glow In The Dark

Decorating By MORSELSBYMARK Updated 21 May 2009 , 5:08am by paula19

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 8

So it's been a few weeks now since last cake standing - has anyone attempted a glow in the dark cake using the tonic water and piping gel? If so, were you successful, and what was the ratio? TIA!

7 replies
missyd4e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyd4e Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:48am
post #2 of 8

I have not yet. But, I do have an order for a starwars light saber that I am going to try it on and hopefully get it to glow. It is a birthday cake for a 6 year old. I will let ya know.

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #3 of 8

That is a good question, I'm glad you asked. I was just thinking about that this week.
Hope some one answers....that has tried it.

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:51am
post #4 of 8

i am so dying to try that, too! but, haven't found the right excuse yet. but would love to hear from someone who has worked out the recipe!

tirechic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirechic Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:53am
post #5 of 8

I have it planned for a Stargate cake in June. It will be at a bar and there will be lots of blacklights, hope it goes well. I hope someone else has used it and will say how much they had to use. Hope this gives u a bump.

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:00am
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone - glad I'm not the only one dying to try it! I am a huge Batman and Justice League fan, so I plan on trying it on my own birthday cake in june!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #7 of 8

Let us know how it comes out!!

paula19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula19 Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:08am
post #8 of 8

I also hope that someone who has done it will reply and let us know how they did it exactly. I'm pretty sure a lot of us are eager to know. I want to try that sometime, so I want to know. I'd be pretty cool to do 1 icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%