First Paid Wedding Cake Design

Decorating By pumpkinroses Updated 21 May 2009 , 7:23pm by cata29

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:45am
post #1 of 14

This is my interpretation of a Cinderella themed wedding cake. On the top tier is a RI or Gumpaste Crown wrapped around the cake. The Carriage on the bottom tier will also be either RI or Gumpaste. There will be some cream colored pumpkins around the bottom of the carriage and with some rose clusters on the second tier.

I have also attached a picture of the cake the bride sent me.

Please be honest and tell me what you think.

Nikki

edited: The cake colors are ivory, wine, and champagne white.
LL
LL

13 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:28am
post #2 of 14

i think it is going to look soooo pretty!......honest icon_smile.gif

patty5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patty5 Posted 21 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #3 of 14

I honestly think it's a good interpretation of the cake in the picture, I am missing the flowers, but you said you will use some, so it will be fine, very fairy tale wedding cake!

pumpkinroses Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:23am
post #4 of 14

Thanks guys! Yes, there will be some wine colored roses (to match the bouquet) and with the roses will be Champagne colored pumpkins with some green vines.

I really excited about this, now let's hope everything goes as planned.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:34am
post #5 of 14

i would be excited too! good luck icon_biggrin.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:53am
post #6 of 14

Lovely....just curious...how many servings is it?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:13am
post #7 of 14

Honestly, I like yours better! The other is a little too ostentatious for my taste, yours captures the most important elements without going overboard icon_wink.gif!

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:33am
post #8 of 14

Both the original and your interpretation are beautiful. Please post pics when done.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:37am
post #9 of 14

I prefer yours; it's more elegant. Post pics!!! thumbs_up.gif

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:21pm
post #10 of 14

Are they interested in keeping the shape of the cake? The photo provided it such a tall cake with bigger differences in size as you go up. Yours is a beautiful tiered cake but leaves out the height and changes in tier size. It's a goregous and original design.

pumpkinroses Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:04pm
post #11 of 14

She wants 120 servings. So that's a 12,10,8, and 6. I haven't gotten all the details yet, I'm doing this on short notice because the original baker passed away suddenly and the wedding is June 27th. Right now I'm just giving some of my ideas based on what I've been told so far. I've been talking with the Maid of Honor (who is paying for the cake) and not the bride directly. They are supposed to confirm by Friday with details and send the down payment by next Wednesday. I won't start anything until I have the down payment so I can order some of the pans and colors I don't already have.

Can you use cake drums to give each layer a little more height without the extra cake? The cake are will be covered in fondant.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:09pm
post #12 of 14

More height...yes! Use 1/2 inch foam core cut to shape and covered in press and sel...that's what I do!

pumpkinroses Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:40pm
post #13 of 14

thanks Jamie, I think that's what I'll do. I should still be able to use the SPS, right?

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:23pm
post #14 of 14

I just love your idea better! It looks so much prettier! Hope they like your idea so you can post a pic. of it. Good Luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%