Whipped Cream Icing...help!

Baking By CKKakes Updated 22 May 2009 , 8:17pm by lostbaker

CKKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CKKakes Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 5

whipped cream icing is a very popular request and I've had to turn cakes away because I've never used it as icing. My question is can I decorate it the same as I do BC (pattern transfers, rosses, drop flowers all using whipped cream)????. I've read that BC does not taste good mixed with whipped cream.

ANY input or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. [/i]

4 replies
yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 5

hi, i have lots of requests for a tirimisu cake which has whipped cream icing. the last time i made it i covered it and refrigerated overnight and the next morning the icing was surprisingly firm. i whipped it a liottle extra to get it firmer but not oo much or it won't spread smoothly. if you look under my pics, it's the skull and crossbones with the argyle sides. i used bc to decorate with, for the edge piping i actually mixed bc and the leftover whipped but that did not work very well. it messed up the texture so don't do that. i also used small fondant accents on parts of the pirate face and it all held up really well

lostbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostbaker Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:30am
post #3 of 5

Whipped cream is pretty stable, if used with gelatin.
Here's a thread to help you along the process - http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=69677

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbaker

Whipped cream is pretty stable, if used with gelatin.
Here's a thread to help you along the process - http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=69677

Very nice blog. Keep up the good posts!

Jeannie

lostbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostbaker Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%