Jello Pudding And Bettercreme Mousse?

Decorating By anku Updated 20 May 2009 , 2:26pm by kwanghui

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 5

I made the mousse for the cake filling using Bettercreme and Jello pudding but as usual I ended up making a lot!
My questions is for how long can this be saved in fridge? And can I freeze this and use it again for some other cake???

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
kwanghui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwanghui Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 5

This stuff freezes great! It lasts a few days in the fridge, and a month or two in the freezer. Just take it out of the freezer and into the fridge overnight to defrost.

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:34am
post #3 of 5

With the jello pudding mixed in? So, I can freezeit and re use it again. Yes?

Thanks so much for the reply!

SweetSuzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzie Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 5

Curious I used Bettercream for the first time about a week ago. It wasn't bad but I did notice an after taste. Do you notice that? Do you put flavoring with it if so when? Also, for the pudding mouse how do you do that? Do you add one bag of dry pudding mix to one carton bettercream and mix all together. Or at separate times and different amount? Can you decorate with this mousse?

kwanghui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwanghui Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, you can use it after it's been frozen, I've actually refrozen twice and it still came out fine, don't do this usually though. I actually use heavy whipping cream instead of the bettercreme though. I just tried the bettercream to see if it would hold up the same. Just one packet of regular instant pudding mix to one pint of heavy whipping cream. Use the whisk on low, them medium for 3 or 4 minutes, you have filling! I noticed the bettercreme aftertaste too, which is why I used the HWC now. Hope that helps! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%