Implanon Bc

Lounge By jer702 Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm by jer702

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 25

So long story short..my mirena fell out and my doctor wants me to try Implanon. Well i'm a little scared..simply cause i don't know what to expect after its in, after having Mirena for almost 3 yrs, I know how my body handles it. Just curious if anyone is using it or has used and how their experience was. Thanks guys

Jermin

24 replies
vcm_9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcm_9 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 25

just got mine in yesterday (second time using it)..i loved it, no actual bleeding, but spotting here and there. I didn't hear any complaints about my mood from my hubby either.

Almost painless going in (dr put local in first), and on the inner side of my upper arm so can't see anything at all.

Overall, really happy

jer702 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 25

OMG you are seriously my life saver. I loved, loved my Mirena and loved not having a menstural and according to my doctor, I should have the same reaction to it as the Mirena. I've been reading horror stories from people...I know, bad, bad idea. You've honestly made me feel SOOOO much better about doing it, you have no idea.

vcm_9 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 25

glad to be of help!!

I know it can be difficult trying something new, esp when it could screw around with your cycle, but it has been the easiest (I am always forgetting my pills), and most comfortable option..considering the usual random nature of my cycle

jer702 Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:00am
post #5 of 25

Yes, the big thing for me is just the unexpected. Well my appt is set for 5/29 so hopefully it all goes good and hopefully I love it just as much as my IUD. Do you even have a scar?

vcm_9 Posted 20 May 2009 , 12:30am
post #6 of 25

tiny little scar maybe 3mm long (I am on australia, so I guess that makes that less than 1/4 inch for you?).

When he took it out when we wanted to fall pregnant, he went over the same scar but crossways, so I had a teeny tiny little x. When we put it back in yesterday, went over the same scars again.

Seriously, only you will notice it. Its more just a tiny white mark on the inside of your arm. I have more noticeable things to worry about! haha...darn those veins on my thigh

jer702 Posted 20 May 2009 , 1:57am
post #7 of 25

LOL, I couldn't agree more. With all these stretch mark after two kids..it should be the least of my worries.

vcm_9 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:12am
post #8 of 25

i hear you...forgot about those..hmm, off to sulk a bit

GOOD LUCK!! let me know how it goes

jer702 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #9 of 25

LOL, Thanks, and I surely will.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:52pm
post #10 of 25

Your mirena fell out?? How?? I have one and am alarmed that this could happen - what did the dr say?

Hope you have better luck with the implant.

jer702 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:05pm
post #11 of 25

Okay, lets count to ten and breathe icon_lol.gif I don't think its something that happens very frequently, so I really wouldn't worry. When I went to appointment they were kinda shocked that I've had it for long and its coming out now, I guess it happens more after you've just had it put in. The first thing they asked was if I was on my period cause that would explain why my cervix opened and let it out. Well I haven't had a period in over a year, but still get the cramping and all the symptoms. Well when the doctor did measure me, my cervix was opened 2 cm and that along with the plastic from the Mirena caused it to fall out. I really hope i'm explaning correctly. Oh I should add that I had it put in after my almost 3yr dd was born and she was 10.6 lbs...i'm sure that has something do with it also.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:15pm
post #12 of 25

Oooh, that must have been scary. I'm on my second mirena and really like it.

jer702 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 25

I know I was more disappointed cause I came so far with it. The whole reason the doctor wants me to try Implanon is because she's worried that my cervix won't keep another one..the joys of being a parent ((sigh))

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 21 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #14 of 25

I had Mirena two times.. The first time I got it must have a came out because I had severe bleeding problems and they couldn't locate the mirena after multiple x-rays and ultrasounds. Got another one put in and that one also came out. Very rare for that to happen but it happened to me twice..

jer702 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:32pm
post #15 of 25

Now that would really, really suck. I would easily get mine replace, now if it came out a second time....then I would freak out.

Sunflower08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower08 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:41pm
post #16 of 25

I won't have the thing ever again.. I seriously thought I was dying from that thing. I've been off it for almost 8 months now and still having issues from it.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:42pm
post #17 of 25

Mine is coming out on Tuesday - hopefully all this pain will go away!!!!!

jer702 Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:52pm
post #18 of 25

sugarnspice1981--Good luck and hopefully it works out okay for you ((hugs))

vcm_9 Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:07pm
post #19 of 25

have you got it in yet?? how diod it go>

jer702 Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:11pm
post #20 of 25

Nope not yet ((sigh)), i'm so ready to get it put in. I go on 5/29. They actually called me today asking me if I wanted the Paraguard instead, so I told the nurse "do you know how I've been stressing over Implanon and now that I'm ready to do it, you offer something else" LOL...So its still on for then.

pamama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamama Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:00am
post #21 of 25

I haven't had Implanon but I'm a PA (physician assistant) and have put in a few. We haven't had anyone want to take it out early. One person called she wanted it out because she was having a lot of spotting but she had an emergency with one of her kids and couldn't come for the appointment but she never rescheduled because things just calmed down on their own. I'd say that's the most important thing to remember- you may have a lot of unpredictable bleeding patterns at first but if you stick with it you should end up with no periods like you had on Mirena. Good luck!

jer702 Posted 22 May 2009 , 2:35am
post #22 of 25

pamama--Thank you for your wishes and reassurance, it means a lot.

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:24am
post #23 of 25

I hope that I am not a downer, but I had to get my implanon removed after 5 months of non stop bleeding. Yep.. A five month long period. That sucks. It IS different for each person though, so this may not happen to you. It sure is a tiny little scar and doesn't hurt being put in or removed.
I am back on the pill now.

jer702 Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:24pm
post #24 of 25

You are not a downer, the whole reason I aksed was to hear options or stories from fellow members who has/had one. I agree that each person is different and in my mind there is not turning back now. My little sister had the Mirena inserted after she saw how much I loved mine, well she didn't even last 6 months on it cause she was having problems, while on the other hand..I was fine. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me, I appreciate it so much. Thanks

Jermin

jer702 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #25 of 25

vcm_9 So I got my implanon on Friday. I couldn't feel anything during the procedure but the lidocaine was very painful. My arm was pretty much okay for the rest of the afternoon until all the lidocaine wore off and I just kinda had a sore pain throughout my arm, but the next day felt 100% better. There is a still a pretty big bruise there, and occasionally if I touch it wrong or sleeping wrong it hurts, but I can deal with that. Thank you once again for all your help, I really couldn't have done it without you. Have a great week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%