Leg Lamp Fish Net Panty Hose...

Decorating By Starkie Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 10:53pm by fiddlesticks

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:31pm
post #31 of 42

Sweet!!! That looks really great so far!

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm
post #32 of 42

icon_biggrin.gif Looks like you're in great shape so far! icon_rolleyes.gif Keep up the good work and keep us posted! thumbs_up.gif

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:39pm
post #33 of 42

Just a thought for the fishnets. Go with me here for a second. You could cover the leg in black fondant and spray flesh tone with an air brush. I would test this first. But if you did it that way, you could simply lay fishnet over the leg and spray away with the lighter color.

Hey airbrushers out there, could this work? Or can't you go light over dark?

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewkyrankelly

Just a thought for the fishnets. Go with me here for a second. You could cover the leg in black fondant and spray flesh tone with an air brush. I would test this first. But if you did it that way, you could simply lay fishnet over the leg and spray away with the lighter color.

Hey airbrushers out there, could this work? Or can't you go light over dark?

If you're airbrushing light colors onto a black T-shirt, you first need to spray the area white then overspray with the desired light color. It works, but it's extra work and may not give the expected results without spraying two white coats first... you'll be able to tell as you go.

I can't wait to see this awesome creation! I hope your sugarviel works for you, that seems like the way to go with less mess.

If it doesn't work (can't see why it would fail), I'd think the opposite of the above suggestion(s) (saw two posts about spraying flesh tone with lace stencil idea over black) would work much better. Think about how you'd basically "antique" something on the raised areas... the fondant could be pressed with fishnet pattern (i.e. the opposite of like the squares instead of the lines) and it would leave the impression of the raised lines which would be easy to "antique" with black by highlighting on top of only the raised portion with a sponge or sponge brush (something unlike a papertowel that could leave behind fibers).

Still keeping you in my prayers! Bless you during this trial process.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #35 of 42

I'm so excited to see the finished product...

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:15am
post #36 of 42

I'm so excited to see the finished product...

Anntee Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:37pm
post #37 of 42

How's the "leg" cake coming Starkie?

Anntee Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 7:38pm
post #38 of 42

How's the "leg" cake coming Starkie?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 8:03pm
post #39 of 42

The leg looks like a sexier version of mines. Good job.

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:38pm
post #40 of 42

Sorry this has been such a long time to post. I feel like I have been making cakes in my sleep these days! Anyway, thanks for all the encouragement and support (extra support, that is, with a reinforced toe!) with this project. The leg lamp cake was a big hit ~ nobody knew it was a cake until I told them!

I ended up leaving off the pantyhose ~ I just couldn't get the SugarVeil to cooperate. I know it will work for a future project, I just didn't have enough experience with it to utilize it on the cake. Anyway, here is a few picture of what it finally looked like. Enjoy!!!
LL

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm
post #41 of 42

Wow! That's great. I LOVE that movie. And I love that you wrote "FRA-GEEE-LAY" on the cake base!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:53pm
post #42 of 42

WOW!! Thats Awesome !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%