Need Help W/ A Chocolate Cake

Decorating By cakesnkisses Updated 19 May 2009 , 10:23pm by Cakepro

cakesnkisses Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 4

I need a really good recipe for chocolate cake for a 12x18 pan. I also need to do a grad hat out of fondant and can't find anything to help me!!!!! Thanks for any info!!!!!! This is my first cake and I am having anxiety!!!!

3 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 4

on the Hersey's Cocoa can there is a recipe for Perfectly Chocolate Cake - it is great for the 1st timer and is a great tasting cake, use hot coffee instead of hot water and it'll be even richer.

I would use a mix of gumpaste and fondant to form the cap - cut out the square mortar the size that you want for your cake, let it dry (turn it over once in a while so it dries on both sides) for a few days, form a ring for it to sit on and let that dry too. Glue them together with royal icing or chocolate melts.

GOOD LUCK on your first cake!!!!!

dogluvr Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:06pm
post #3 of 4

I have a delicious easy recipe if you want to use a box. I use Betty Crocker chocolate fudge or triple chocolate as a base. Then I add one small box of chocolate pudding...this makes it very moist. I add one extra egg and 1/3 cup of water for the pudding. Then after mixing, I add about 1/4 cup of hershey's chocolate syrup and about 1/4 cup mini choc chips...........mix it up and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cakepro Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 4

Here is a fantastic chocolate cake recipe:

Double that recipe for a 12" x 18" cake pan. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%