Please Help Quick!!!!!

Baking By MissJ Updated 20 May 2009 , 2:44am by jammjenks

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone please give me a really good/easy recipe for strawberry filling icon_confused.gif . I have a friend who asked me at the LAST minute to bake a simple white cake with strawberry filling. I have no clue icon_redface.gif as to how to make filling because I've never made it before. Please help!!!!!! Oh did I mention that she needs he cake in the morning. icon_eek.gif

Thanks!!!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
jeking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeking Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 6

I put sliced strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes. If it needs thickening, add about a tablespoon of cornstarch that has been dissolved in about 3 tablespoons of water and cook another couple of minutes.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 6

Do a search in the recipe section. I just did and atleast a dozen or more recipes came up. Good luck!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeking

I put sliced strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes. If it needs thickening, add about a tablespoon of cornstarch that has been dissolved in about 3 tablespoons of water and cook another couple of minutes.

I do on kind of similar to this. I start with a container of frozen slices strawberries in syrup that you get near the Cool Whip. Thaw, add about 3T cornstarch and bring to a boil. It will cool as it thickens.

You can also add strawberry jam to buttercream for a super easy filling.

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 19 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 6

Hey CC,

Thanks soooooo much!!!!!! I can always depend on you guys when I'm in a crunch thumbs_up.gif. Heading to the grocery store now.

MissJ thumbs_up.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:44am
post #6 of 6

MissJ, what did you decide? How did it work out for you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%