Need Help With A Pretty Pig Wedding Cake!!!!

Decorating By jessi01 Updated 27 May 2009 , 1:43am by julia77

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 28

I have a wedding cake this friday that the only thing the bride told me was to use burgandy ribbon at the base of the three teirs and PIGS little pink pigs.. OH and also I have to incorporate the groom in this somehow.. he was in the navy so I have made a few pigs so far and I do have one with a little sailor hat and I have a bride pig Also their topper is that bride and groom with the ball and chain.. so I have one pig with a ball and chain..

they also mentioned something about making little submarines icon_confused.gif I don't even know where to start with that one!!

now what do you suggest I do with the rest of the cake.. she said the actual icing design if any is completly up to me.

any advice on this one would be great.. I want this to be a pretty cake but with the pigs....well not too sure.

27 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 28

Well I must say this is the strangest wedding cake request I have read yet. I don't have any advice for you but I wish you a lot of luck. Be sure to post pics when it's done.

jessi01 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 28

thanks....
does anyone have any tips on how to make a little submarine out of gumpaste? I don't want it to be more than two inches.. but not really sure where to start.. and my kids don't even have a toy one for me to look at..which is what i would normally do!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 28

try looking up the subs online...for starters.....and man this is a tuff one...i am also drawing a blank...perhaps you can have the little piggys cascading down the side along with the subs....omg i will have to think about this one!!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 28

Um.. think Battleship the board game.

Can't wait to see pigs on cake..LOL have you tried googling; pigs, cake, wedding? Click see images and scroll.

Alice1230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alice1230 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 28

I have no idea but this will give you a bump! I will keep thinking........

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 28

jessi01, lots of times on hard things like this... i go to walmart and buy a replica.. i sat down.. and it usually takes me about 3 tries to get it right.. then , i don,t want to keep the replica.. i take it back.. and exchange it for something that i do use. this always helps me get it right ..or close to right.. hth even michaels would have replicas of submarines and animals..or whatever craft store ,you are close to..

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 28

how free can you be with the cake? id think bottom tier 'sea' with the submarines (and ib be pretty simplistic - dark oval, black dots for windows). a brown pier for the middle tier witht he piggies, a green field on top for them!
although that really doesnt work with her ribbon...
maybe like those dolly mixture wedding cakes, you know with the ribbon round them, and a pile of sweets around the bottom, maybe you could do a pile of submarines and pigs?
xx

sadsmile Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #9 of 28

What if the bottom teir was a cordinating color or white with the ribbon and the middle tier was water as suggested above (great idea!) and then the top teir was the submarine(or just part of it) in coordinating color or white and the bride and goom pigs standing infront of the ladder portlet thing that is on top of subs. The pig with the ball and chain could be on one the bottom teir?

iamelms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamelms Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 28

wow, this sounds like a wedding cake for me icon_smile.gif (I love pigs and my husband is in the Navy) There is a fabric that is kind of fun (depending on what exactly she's going for there are different colors) Here is a link that'll show you a picture of it http://i3.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/25/aa/4ecd_1.JPG

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #11 of 28

the bottom layer a submarine with a sign on it just took the plunge the bride and groom pigs sliding down towards the sub. not sure what to do with the ribbon.

Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:46pm
post #12 of 28

I don't know if this will help inspire you but I saw these piggy cookies on CC last week and thought they were adorable. hope it helps.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1369703.html

If it does not come up with this link.
The cookie was made by TUG

debbed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbed Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:57pm
post #13 of 28

Don't know how you'd fit the submarine in but how about cascading the pigs like they were flowers?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:19pm
post #14 of 28

im with sadsmile, especially if you cant go toatlly out there with the cake. i also like the cascading pigs 'flowers', the submarines could be 'leaves'?!
xx

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:40pm
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerjo

the bottom layer a submarine with a sign on it just took the plunge the bride and groom pigs sliding down towards the sub. not sure what to do with the ribbon.

Great idea on "just took the plunge"...Excellent!

jessi01 Posted 20 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #16 of 28

thanks for all the ideas!! I think I need to stick with the basic white icing.. well cream cheese so off white.. but iamelms, I do like that fabric pattern...maybe I can pipe that on to the cake with the ribbon border.. I was also thinking of using course sugar to "encrust" the top edges of the tiers... if that makes any sense..

All those Ideas are great!! I wish I had more time but I am also working on a graduation cake at the same time!!

jessi01 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:36pm
post #17 of 28

Well here it is! thank you all for your wonderful ideas.. I went with a pretty simple design and just did the little pigs as accents.. Thank you to iamelms for the fabric swatch.. I used that as inspiration on the pattern!
LL

jessi01 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #18 of 28

Well here it is! thank you all for your wonderful ideas.. I went with a pretty simple design and just did the little pigs as accents.. Thank you to iamelms for the fabric swatch.. I used that as inspiration on the pattern!
LL

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:42pm
post #19 of 28

So cute! From the original description, with all the pigs and submarines, I could imagine anything with those items that was going to look like an elegant wedding cake. You did an AWESOME job!

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:48pm
post #20 of 28

Adorable! I'm sure they were pleased!

sadsmile Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:51pm
post #21 of 28

That is so gorgeous!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #22 of 28

You did a heck of a lot better than I could have done with the restrictions you were given! Bravo!

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:55pm
post #23 of 28

i love those lil pink piggys!!!

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:56pm
post #24 of 28

I agree! That is an adorable cake that incoprates two VERY different themes....pigs and sub marines?!

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:23am
post #25 of 28

Wow I never thought you'd be able to make that all work together, but you did and it looks fantastic! icon_biggrin.gif

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:31am
post #26 of 28

what a cool looking cake! i love it!!

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:36am
post #27 of 28

That is just adorable!! That was a lot of stuff to make it work on one cake...I am very impressed! icon_smile.gif My FIL is a HUGE Redskins fan (burgundy & gold), loves pigs, and was in the Navy...I am thinking I may try to use some of your ideas for an anniversary cake for them, if you don't mind. icon_smile.gif Wonderful job!

julia77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia77 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #28 of 28

I have no advice but just HAD to check out the post when I read the title icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%