How Much Mixture For This Size

Decorating By fchevel Updated 20 May 2009 , 6:32am by fchevel

fchevel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fchevel Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 6

Im making a chocolate cake (for 17 people)

and the recipe says it can fill (http://www.recipelink.com/cookbooks/2005/0743246616_3.html) the magnolia cupcake one!

i have two pans by wilton

the 10x2 inch Decorator Round Pan

and the

10 x 2 inch Decorator Square Pan

My mother would prefer me to use the square one, by i havent before and i dont want it to be a 'low' cake we want it to be a 'high' cake so do i make the mixture 1 1/2 times the amount for the square pan?

which pan would you recommend in general to use

can i fit the whole batter into the one 10x2 inche ROUnd pan? or will i have to bake two cakes

please help me urgently

thank you soooo much!

5 replies
mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 6

i'm bumping this for you.

i'm not very good at this, but i normally fill in my pans about half, if it helps you to determine the batter you prepared will suit which pan..

bakers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakers2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 6

Measure out how many cups of water it takes to fill your pan to the desired level (I prefer 2/3 full) - this will match the number of cups of batter you will need

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 6

that recipe does 24 cupcakes which would normally fill (2) 8x2 inch pans. In the articles section there is a page that lists how many servings different pans are and how many cups of batter a pan will take. If you are only using 1 10x2 pan you'll have enough batter, if you wan to do 2 10x2 cakes to stack then you'll be short a bit; you could still put into 2 pans and have shorter layers.

http://www.cakecentral.com/article14-Cake-Baking-Cutting--Serving-Guide---2-in-Deep-Pans.html

hope this helps you.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 6

If your recipe makes 24 cupcakes then you will need 1 1/2 batches to fill a 10x2 *square* pan; OR one batch for a 10x2" round.

fchevel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fchevel Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:32am
post #6 of 6

Thanks sooo much
im going to go ahead with the round one
will post pics up! thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%