How Much Mixture For This Size

Decorating By fchevel Updated 20 May 2009 , 6:32am by fchevel

fchevel Posted 19 May 2009 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 6

Im making a chocolate cake (for 17 people)

and the recipe says it can fill ( the magnolia cupcake one!

i have two pans by wilton

the 10x2 inch Decorator Round Pan

and the

10 x 2 inch Decorator Square Pan

My mother would prefer me to use the square one, by i havent before and i dont want it to be a 'low' cake we want it to be a 'high' cake so do i make the mixture 1 1/2 times the amount for the square pan?

which pan would you recommend in general to use

can i fit the whole batter into the one 10x2 inche ROUnd pan? or will i have to bake two cakes

please help me urgently

thank you soooo much!

5 replies
mclaren Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 6

i'm bumping this for you.

i'm not very good at this, but i normally fill in my pans about half, if it helps you to determine the batter you prepared will suit which pan..

bakers2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 6

Measure out how many cups of water it takes to fill your pan to the desired level (I prefer 2/3 full) - this will match the number of cups of batter you will need

cupcakemkr Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 6

that recipe does 24 cupcakes which would normally fill (2) 8x2 inch pans. In the articles section there is a page that lists how many servings different pans are and how many cups of batter a pan will take. If you are only using 1 10x2 pan you'll have enough batter, if you wan to do 2 10x2 cakes to stack then you'll be short a bit; you could still put into 2 pans and have shorter layers.

hope this helps you.

kakeladi Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 6

If your recipe makes 24 cupcakes then you will need 1 1/2 batches to fill a 10x2 *square* pan; OR one batch for a 10x2" round.

fchevel Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:32am
post #6 of 6

Thanks sooo much
im going to go ahead with the round one
will post pics up! thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%