Need Help With Hard Hat Cake.

Decorating By fosterscreations Updated 19 May 2009 , 5:49pm by fosterscreations

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:11am
post #1 of 4

Ok I was asked to make a hard hat cake for this Friday and need info ASAP on how to go about doing that.

And for those of you that have how much did you charge for yours so I have an idea for pricing?

3 replies
Rcrewof10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rcrewof10 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:37am
post #2 of 4

Shannon,

Can you use the fireman's hat posted here on CC http://cakecentral.com/article53-How-To-Make-a-3D-Fire-Helmet-Cake.html take off the brim and trim?

Not sure if that will help or not but here is a bump also

Michele

momnzoes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momnzoes Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:49am
post #3 of 4

I've done a similar thing with 2- 8" layers and a half-round on top, using a casserole dish for the half round. A strip of fonadant around the bottom edge for the little lip and a larger semi-circle for the brim. Pipe the ridges with b/c and you're there! (somehow I never expected the 25 years I spent in construction to come in handy as a cake decorator, but it has.)

I charge $60 for hat cakes about this size, or a little less if using b/c instead of fondant for the main part of the hat.

Hope this helps.

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks ladies. I think I am going to go with the wilton soccer ball pan with a round underneath. I am hoping that will give me 20 servings. I know the soccer ball pan is larger than the half ball pan but can't find how many servings it is.

Thanks again for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%