Teacher Retirement Message And Chalk-Look On Bc

Decorating By shelbur10 Updated 19 May 2009 , 10:57am by shelbur10

shelbur10 Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:31am
post #1 of 4

I need some ideas from you great folks out there for a cute message to write on a teacher's retirement cake. My aunt is retiring after 31 years of teaching. I'm making her a blackboard cake, so the message is rather a big part of the design, but I'm drawing a blank. I want something a little more personal than just "Good Luck" or "Congrats", but "Thank you" doesn't seem quite right, since this isn't coming from her students. Any ideas?
On a related note, I would love to make the writing look like chalk writing, but the cake is going to be buttercream. Is there a way to do that?

3 replies
Elise87 Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:57am
post #2 of 4

Not sure about the chalk writing but i did find a quote that isn't too long but it depends on if you can be bothered piping it all lol but here it is:

'You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where you thoughts take you'
--James Allen

Here is a nice one but it is a little long but thought you might like to read it anyway:

ÒWhen you love people and have the desire to make a profound, positive impact upon the world, then will you have accomplished the meaning to live.Ó

Just thought i would pop them in there...either way it gives you a bump lol icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 19 May 2009 , 6:07am
post #3 of 4

if you can't find a way with the chalk writing i would say that just piping the plain buttercream onto the black will look just fine cose have seen it being done on many cakes and it looks good

shelbur10 Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:57am
post #4 of 4

Thank you Elise, those are lovely quotes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%