Bridal Show

Decorating By RRGibson Updated 19 May 2009 , 5:39am by jlynnw

RRGibson Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:27am
post #1 of 8

Okay, so I have my first bridal show coming up. Excited but nervous at the same time.

So, from you experienced cakers out there, what's the best way to go about offering samples at a show? Cupcakes, etc?

Help is much appreciated! Thanks!

7 replies
cakesbyjen Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #2 of 8

every one i've gone to (with a bakery, not on my own icon_sad.gif ) they take sheet cakes and cut on site, giving the samples in cupcake wrappers... VERY INEFFECTIVE if you ask me... i always get stuck cutting the cake too....

i would think a mini cupcake pan would be a good idea, or pre cutting everything, although drying out would be an issue i would think...

RRGibson Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:32am
post #3 of 8

Yeah, I don't want to have to do a bunch of cutting. Trying to think of a good way to do this! I was thinking mini cupcakes. But what about fillings and different frostings? How would I do those?

in2cakes2 Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:45am
post #4 of 8

I think mini cupcakes in one maybe 2 of your best standard flavors ( wasc or chocolate) with your standard BC would be your best bet. It has been my experience that the shows are very fast paced and having too many choices may work against you. Just my humble opinion. Good luck and have fun.

PatricesPieces Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:47am
post #5 of 8

Mini cupcakes is the way to go. That is what we served at our birdal shows. We usually did not have too many left. They are the perfect bite size, because by the time the brides get through the entire show, they are usually sick of all the cake. Smaller bites let them taste your product but not overwhelm them.

Good luck with your show.

RRGibson Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:55am
post #6 of 8

I think that's what I'm going to do Serenatea! But did you have any filling or anything also? Or just icing?

PatricesPieces Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:26am
post #7 of 8

My flavors were WASC and I also made some chocolate cupcakes. I alternated the fillings...used some lemon and some raspberry on the white almond with vanilla buttercream. Made some Godiva Liqueur Chocolate Buttercream and frosted the chocolate cupcakes with this. I just mixed it up until I had enough variety.

jlynnw Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:39am
post #8 of 8

at the bakery I worked at, we did the sheet cakes precut one year and it was a nightmare! The next year we did mini muffins and I loved it. We put a touch of filling in them and a small rosette on top and called it good. We baked them without the papers but served them with a paper (like a candy). The small size worked to our favor. The brides were so over run by samples and did not want to try another large piece of anything. We set up a cupcake tower for a display cake/sample platter. The dishwasher came with us and all she did was keep the trays full and left us time to talk with the brides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%