Wasc Carrot Cake?

Baking By sgirvan Updated 19 May 2009 , 11:22pm by Jayde

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have a variation for the WASC to make it into a carrot cake? I always use WASC but have never made a carrot cake. If you have tried one and would like to share, it would make me very happy thumbs_up.gif

2 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:32am
post #2 of 3

I've done using the WASC recipe without the almond on different types of cakes. I never had a problem. I would guess carrot cake would also be the same. Just omit the almond.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 3

Carrot Cake from a box mix....not exactly WASC, but very similar, with that same smaller crumb that WASC makes...

1 box french vanilla cake mix
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar

Sift ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside

1 cup of half and half
1 tsp. white vinegar

Mix together in measuring cup and allow to sit and curdle slightly

1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix eggs and sour cream until well incorporated. Add salt, vanilla and spices.

2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water

Add carrots, water, and oil, mix well.

Add 1/3 of your dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix until just incorporated. Add 1/3 of your half and half and vinegar mixture and mix until just incorporated. Repeat 2 more times.

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional, see notes)

Scrape down the sodes of the bowl and add the nuts and raisins. Let the mixer run for another 30 seconds, dont overmix. Bake at 325 until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30-45 minutes.

Notes: I dont usually use raisins in my carrot cake, just walnuts, unless someone specifically asks for them. If you do use raisins, measure your raisins into a small bowl and cover with boiling water, for about 20 minutes. This allows the raisins to rehydrate some, and they are not dry and wrinkly in the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%