General Info In Order Forms

Business By yamber82 Updated 21 May 2009 , 10:12pm by Doug

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 9

i just printed out my first set of order forms. it is pretty general, but i need to ad a page with the general info like when payment must be received, how early orders must be placed etc and i was wondering if any of you guys have a page like that and what you include in it? i would love to see some samples. i mostly do bday cakes so far but i am just starting out. i just don't want to leave anything important out.

8 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:02am
post #2 of 9

Hi, are you looking for samples of order forms? There have been a few threads with them in the past, if I can find one I'll post it here.

I'm giving you a "bump". Maybe someone else will have the answer.

Good luck. icon_smile.gif

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 20 May 2009 , 8:29am
post #3 of 9

I am interested in this as well. TIA.

yamber82 Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 9

i think i have my order form the way i want it, it's pretty short and simple for now, but i wanted to ad a FAQ sheet to go along with it, that way they have some general info like the delivery policies and when they have to pay and etc. i wrote one up yesterday but i just wanted to make sure i didn't leave anything out that they might be like, "oh well you didn't tell me that" i tried to attatch it but it's the wrogn format i guess. it's a page long, i can attatch it if anyone is interested

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 9

I would like to see it. Thanks!

yamber82 Posted 20 May 2009 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 9

here is what i came up with so far:

You are what you eat, so eat something cute!

My goal is a custom cake baked and decorated just for you.
Every cake is custom made to order from start to finish.

How to order:
E-mail the requested date and a brief description or picture of what you want to [email protected] and if the date is available I will send you an order form to fill out and give you a price quote. Your order is not confirmed until I have received your completed order form and a 50% deposit. I require 2 weeks notice to place an order. Six weeks for wedding cakes. Occasionally I may not have the resources to meet demand. Please order as early as you can! I am limited in the amount of orders I accept, therefore, I reserve the right to reject any order for any reason.

Pricing:
Cakes are a minimum of $45 per tier for round cakes and a $60 minimum for sheet cakes. Sculpted cakes are priced individually. Specific pricing of your cake will be based on cake and frosting types, flavors, number of slices and complexity of the design. 50% deposit required 2 weeks before due date and the rest upon delivery. Checks are acceptable for deposit but cash only at delivery please. Cake stands, boards, and other are available as rentals for a $25 deposit. Refund upon return of undamaged equipment.

Delivery:
The delivery fee is based on mileage with a minimum fee of $15.00. Subject to change as fuel prices change. I prefer to deliver at least 30 min or more before time of party or other. Depending on the type and complexity of the cake, it may need to be delivered earlier and assembled upon delivery.

Cancellation:
Any order may be cancelled; however, if the cancellation is requested 2 weeks or less before the due date, 50% of the deposit will be considered a cancellation fee. There will be no refund for orders cancelled less than 5 days before due date.

Other:
If an inscription, color, or any other choice is left un-selected on your order or if what you have requested is not do-able or doesnt seem to work in my professional opinion then I reserve the right to use my own discretion. I will be 100% honest with you upon your description request. I will try to follow what you want as closely as possible, however, I will not sell a cake that I feel is unprofessional or unattractive. If I feel I need to change something I will do all I can to ask your opinion beforehand.

Cakes are made with vegetable fats and contain dairy products. Diabetic, sugar free, or other are also available upon request.

All cakes should be stored in a cool place, out of direct sunlight, and on a flat sturdy surface.
Fondant covered cakes should not be refrigerated unless specifically stated.
Cakes left in the heat or sun are subject to risks as with any food product so please use your own discretion.
                Thank You,

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 9

link to an extensive DRAFT contract (will need to be checked over by your attorney as would ANY contract you come up with!!!!)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630887-.html

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:20pm
post #8 of 9

Doug~ my FIL is a lawyer/judge so I'll ask him, but does he have to "notorize" or sign the contract to make it legal? He hasn't seen mine yet as it's still in flux...

thanks icon_smile.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:12pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

Doug~ my FIL is a lawyer/judge so I'll ask him, but does he have to "notorize" or sign the contract to make it legal? He hasn't seen mine yet as it's still in flux...

thanks icon_smile.gif

he would review it to see that it conforms to the laws in your state especially with regards to liability issues, deposit/retainers, refunds, payments, cancellation policies.

shouldn't have to notarize it or sign it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%