Oh Why Oh Why Does....

Decorating By tana Updated 19 May 2009 , 10:40pm by tana

tana Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 6

When I make the recipe for ButterCream Dream... Why does it look so grainy and wet, and it looked like it was melting. icon_cry.gif

5 replies
JGMB Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Fellow Illinoisan (and, by the way, are you attending the ICES thing in St. Charles this summer?),

I have no idea why your Buttercream Dream is turning out that way. I use it all the time, and I think it's basically just the Wilton recipe with 1/2 salted and 1/2 unsalted butter. Mine always turns out great, and it's the only recipe I've been using since I found it here on CC.

tana Posted 18 May 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 6

I didn't know there was something like that in Illinois. Hey were about 10 minutes away from each other.... Yay thumbs_up.gif

JGMB Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #4 of 6

Okay, Tana, I'm going to make your day icon_wink.gif !! Do you know about the Wilton Tent Sale at 2240 West 75th St. in Woodridge? It's May 29th thru June 16th, M-F 9am to 8pm and Sat-Sun 8am to 6pm? It's really worth going to -- a HUGE tent full of tons of Wilton and other kitchen products at a really deep discount.

As for the St. Charles thing, here's the link: http://ices09.org/Welcome.html

You can either join ICES so that you can attend classes, etc. or you can just pay $50 for a one-day admission into the vendor room to shop for stuff and the cake gallery to see the awesome creations. I plan to go on Saturday, August 1st just for the day.

Bluehue Posted 19 May 2009 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 6

So jealous - icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif
Might click my heels 3 times and see if i can *be there* - icon_smile.gif

Sorry for highjacking the thread - icon_redface.gif

tana Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 6

thats ok.. i cant waith till may 29th

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%