Edible Images

Decorating By Jazp Updated 21 May 2009 , 3:42am by Jazp

Jazp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazp Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 5

I see all these pics with edible images. Whether it's on banners, beer bottles or by themselves and I would love to know how to make them or get them. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get started . Do I need a special printer ? where to get the ink and paper ? and so on ..Thank you in advance for any help !!

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 5

hi, i dont, know how to lead you to the thread. . but there is a great one on here... it is titled. edible images printer..... which one?.. it tells you everytlhing you need to know to get started.. hth

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 5

You need a printer dedicated just to edible images. kopykake's website has a list of printers they sell edible ink cartridges for. As far as I know they are only canon and epson (and only a few models). They also sell the frosting sheets as does icing images and photo frost. I have an epson that I got on ebay for under $60 and I purchased refillable cartridges so I just buy the refill ink (much cheaper then the filled cartridges) and the frosting sheets.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 5

You can find a bunch of printers, they usually recommend Epson's. But I think others will do, just check with kopy kake to make sure they have printer for it and you can use it. It doesn't have to be an edible printer it can be any printer again as long ad they have ink for it. I also bought mine form ebay (Epson) for $40 and then bought frosting sheets and ink. I love and use it pretty much, no problems yet.

Jazp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jazp Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for the help .. I'm going to start my hunt tonight for everything I can't wait !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%