How Is This Done??

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 18 May 2009 , 5:38pm by PinkZiab

Cathy26 Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys, i keep seeing this quilting technique and im falling in love with it!! i really need to know how its done, im dying to try it - is it done using an embosser or by hand with a veining tool??

its the second tier of this absolutly fabulous cake

3 replies
Tita9499 Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 4

It's an impression mat. You should PM the designer, I'm sure she'd be happy to answer your question. I love that cake BTW.

pattycakesnj Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 4

you can achieve it 2 ways. one is the quilting impression mat, and the other is with the triple diamond cutter. I got both at country kitchen sweet art

PinkZiab Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 4

I prefer to use a quilting wheel and a right triangle... this way you can make the impressions as tight or as open as you like, without having to purchase multiple mats, and you have more control over quilting small sections.

Quote by @%username% on %date%