Cool Whipped Frosting

Decorating By Lippy Updated 18 May 2009 , 4:50pm by mellee

Lippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lippy Posted 18 May 2009 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 3

Can someone tell me the do's/don'ts with cool whipped frosting. I have never used it and I have an order for it. I am wondering about what types of colorings are best, can you use the gel colorings? Also...the best recipe for it!! Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!
Thanks!

2 replies
umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 3

Here's the recipe that I use (I omit the piping gel if using for a filling)
1c heavy cream
2T sugar
2T piping gel
1/2 tsp vanilla
Beat the heavy cream and sugar til soft peaks form, add piping gel and vanilla beat til stiff peak.
I will sometimes add about 1/2 - 1 tsp more sugar. I put mine in the fridge for a few hours before I use it. It softens quickly, especially when adding color and mixing it. I would suggest adding all color that you want prior to putting it in the fridge! Try not to stir it more then you have to. I hope this helps!!! thumbs_up.gif

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 3

Lippy, the Cool Whip recipe is:

8 oz cool whip
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 small box INSTANT pudding
1 cup cold milk

Mix up the sugar, pudding, and milk and let stand for 3-5 minutes to "set." (Some recipes omit the sugar.) Then fold in the cool whip.

I did a whole thread on it back in February and included a whole experiment on how long it lasted, taste, etc., here: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6266080-.html#6266080 Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%