The Heady Feeling Of Succes, Wuhuu!

Decorating By lomfise Updated 18 May 2009 , 9:42am by underthesun

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 18 May 2009 , 7:18am
post #1 of 3

Here is the reason for the huge smile I've been wearing for the last two days.
My cousin has asked me to do a cake for her graduation party in a month's time, so I gave her a list of cakes and fillings for her to choose from. She quickly settled on a white choclate cake with strawberry/rhubarb mousse.
I didn't have a tried recipe for either, but thought how hard can it be. So, I replaced the dark chocolate in my favorite chocolate cake with white chocolate and it looked allright, but when I took the cake out of the oven it had a rather peculiar smell icon_confused.gif I sighed and set it to cool thinking it might be better cold, and started on the mousse.
I swear I followed the recipe, but after having waited the specified two hours, it was still all runny. icon_cry.gif
I was so tired I just put it back in the fridge and went to bed, but the next morning there was no change. Deep sigh. I found another recipe and tried that, and it came out allright at first, but I wanted it to taste of a little more and so added some more strawberry/rhubarb marmelade. It got all lumpy and disgusting.
I'm usually a very patient person, but by then I was livid. The cake still smelled strange and was also a little sticky.
Anyway, I fumed for a few hours (I live alone so there was no one to take it out on icon_mad.gif ) and then hopped on my bike and went to buy more cream. Drew a deep breath and tried the first recipe again with a few modifications. And it turned out great icon_lol.gif I filled the cake and put it back in the fridge to set overnight, and the first thing I did the next morning was taste, and Oh my! I ate a huge piece of cake for breakfast icon_redface.gif
I'm at work now, and all I can think of is this gorgoues cake waiting for me at home, I might have to develop a little bit of a headache so I can go home earlier.

Sorry for the lenght of this post, but I had to tell someone. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:05am
post #2 of 3

Wuuhuuuu indeed. thumbs_up.gif
Its one of the most ^&^%^%$% times isn't it - when you open that oven dor and icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif the cake isn't what you thought you had made.
(i have a chocolate cake in my oven as i type - nervous look on face)

Well, whatever you did this time - thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif to you lomfise .
Enjoy that piece - ummmm pieces tonight when you get home from work - icon_wink.gif

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 18 May 2009 , 9:42am
post #3 of 3

There's nothing more frustrating than failed cake, filing, or icing. I hate re-doing and I've had to do many times. You definitely have reason to celebrate. What a great feeling to be successful!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%