Cakes From Scratch Or Boxed?

Decorating By Yankie Updated 18 May 2009 , 5:54am by bakermommy4

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:07am
post #1 of 3

I prefer cakes from scratch, but I know that there are many bakers that use boxed cakes and then they add flavors to it to enhance the taste. Do you find that most customers prefer a cake from scratch or from a box, and do you disclose what it is they are buying? Do you give them the option?

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:54am
post #3 of 3

Uhh Ohh, your gonna open up a can of worms...not in a bad way though but this topic has been gone over tons of times and the threads get quite long. Me myself personally prefer tweaked box mixes and even though I've read something really funny here...if you baked it in your kitchen then its homemade. HHAAA I still get a laugh out of that one. But people can't really tell the difference and I think by the grace of God it's because most are used to box cakes. They just think they are the best tasting cakes ever. I don't really charge much either because I'm just really getting things off of the ground.

I prefer to tweak the boxed cakes because of consistency...it ALWAYS comes out right...and that's coming from me who is 3 weeks from an associates degree in pastry arts...ha...go figure

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%